Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

Re: Forbes. Worst Bourbon Coverage Ever?

My impression is that it is a bourbon review as written by a high school sophomore as a school assignment, and by that standard it's a solid 'B.' By any other standard, it's a waste of pixels.

The Four Roses limited editions are usually quite good but not that special, although I often recommend them for gift-giving. What's 'collectible' is in the eye of the collector, but because of the variety Four Roses is capable of producing, Four Roses bourbons are always more interesting for drinking than for putting on the shelf and admiring, which he would know if he knew ... anything.

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by cowdery View Post
    My impression is that it is a bourbon review as written by a high school sophomore as a school assignment, and by that standard it's a solid 'B.' By any other standard, it's a waste of pixels.

The Four Roses limited editions are usually quite good but not that special, although I often recommend them for gift-giving. What's 'collectible' is in the eye of the collector, but because of the variety Four Roses is capable of producing, Four Roses bourbons are always more interesting for drinking than for putting on the shelf and admiring, which he would know if he knew ... anything.
    Except for that new one with the image of the horse on it! Kidding, money goes to a good charity, but buying it for investment purposes gives me a good chuckle.

Connoisseur

Occasionally I do web searchs for reviews of bourbon. There is a highly strenuous competition for title of Worst Bourbon Coverage Ever. The contenders are legion.
    If God made anything better than bourbon he must have kept it for Hisself.