Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Guru

Re: Break'g & Entering?...Breackenridge?

I agree Jim, but I don't care for any promotion by association whether it's a resort address or a former long dead President.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by HighInTheMtns View Post
    They could be using the barrels from the bulk whiskey. A local brewer here makes a beer aged in "High West" rye barrels. Since HW isn't selling their own juice yet, presumably those are LDI barrels.

Too much mystery around Breckenridge. They're selling their resort town name as much or more as they're selling their bourbon. If they start being legitimately honest about what they're bottling, I might try a bottle. If they continue to be vaguely "honest" (hey, there's SOME of our own distillate in there!) then there's no chance.
    I must apologize. River North uses High West barrels. (Some-timers kicking in.) Point well taken.

Advanced Taster

Breckenridge's other claim to fame is cutting the whiskey with rocky mountain water. imagine that, we've gotten to the point where someone actually sells the fact that they're watering down your whiskey. Not water in the distillation mind you, but WATERING DOWN! What's next, "We package in a smaller 700ml bottle to store more of the flavor you used to get at 750ml."
    Mark

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mark fleetwood View Post
    Breckenridge's other claim to fame is cutting the whiskey with rocky mountain water. . . . What's next, "We package in a smaller 700ml bottle to store more of the flavor you used to get at 750ml."
    That last statement is actually insulting.

Connoisseur

Thought you might be interested in article in Summit Daily. Breck Distillery new barrel storage going from 320 to 3700 barrels.

Here's the article:

http://www.summitdaily.com/news/7173...idge-via-peach

Taster

Agreed, Breckenridge Bourbon tastes pretty light and young. But it's still alright.

Apprentice

Break'g & Entering?...Breackenridge?

I got a pour of Breckenridge while visiting Colorado last month. My assessment is the same as Danger's. It was alright. Nothing off-putting, but nothing memorable either. Glad it saved me from spending $45-50 for a bottle in Texas.

Virtuoso

The Distributor is really pushing this around here. It's all over in bars, restaurants and package stores. My local chef owned restaurant was sold the same line about awards and such and they were excited to tell me about it. So, it's young low proof and expensive? No thanks. Taste is fine for what it is but at that price? Pass.
    They say some of my stars drink whiskey, but I have found that ones who drink milkshakes don't win many ball games-Casey Stengel