Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.

View Poll Results: When do you consume

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Just on special occasions

1 2.63%
  • just on the weekend

5 13.16%
  • weekends and weeknights

12 31.58%
  • whenever I'd like a taste

16 42.11%
  • It makes no difference to me

4 10.53%
    Enthusiast

Volumnous Consumption Part two

And now, the "When."

Thank you, in advance, for your responses!

Guru

Re: Volumnous Consumption Part two

I missed the previous poll, and nobody has added their two cents here yet so here goes...

In my younger days, I had no self control when it came to alcohol. If it was in front of me, it was gone. It didn't matter what it was, I found a way to drink it and do so expeditiously. As I have matured and changed my lifestyles, I have gone through periods where I wouldn't take a drink for months at a time because I just didn't know how to stop when I got started. Then about two years ago I was given my first taste of a quality cigar and I was hooked. But even then something was missing. I tried cognac, but I never really got used to the taste, then Scotch, but that didn't fit the bill. Then one day, an old friend pulled out a sampler and introduced me to Booker's. That was the taste that I was looking for. Maybe not so excessively though, I might add. I went back to the store and after twenty painstaking minutes decided to try Jefferson's Reserve. The difference between the two was so stunning that I went back and bought Rock Hill Farms, then Blanton's, and the list goes on and on. I currently have 15 bottles of small batch or single barrell bourbons and so far have not consumed as much as half of any of them. I only have a taste now and then, not on any regular basis. Always accompanied by a good smoke which I also have been careful not to get too dependant on. With the winter coming on, I imagine I'll probably enjoy both more frequently while sitting in front of the fireplace. Not because I need them, but because I worked hard to earn them.