Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Guru

Re: Appears the Maker's shortage is real...

Standard BT is also plentiful in NWGA

Guru

Yes, the store still had some and I still see it on other store shelves. He said he couldn't order any more at present. That might resolve in a few days or maybe it really will run dry for awhile.
    That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
    Ne Illegitimi Carborundum

Quote Originally Posted by tanstaafl2 View Post
    Although speaking with an owner today and he said little or no standard BT is currently available. Now that may be just limited to Georgia distribution and I expect increased holiday demand is playing a role but it seems to be starting to be a significant issue.

then again the shelves are hardly bare at the moment! So something is available, just may not be what you want right at the moment.
    True in KY too. The list of what is not available from BT right now is longer than the list of what is available. Gone: Eagle Rare, Elmer T Lee, AAA 10 year, Blantons, saz 6year, weller 12, EH taylor plus the rarities.

And Makers shortages are back here in the commonwealth. Very little left with distributor and next shipment is more than 60 days out. Smart retailers will keep it on shelf because they bought enough when it was available.

Taster

Here in MN, there seems to be plenty of MM. Actually there is one store, that has 1.75s on sale for 41.99. Not too bad. They have had that special for at least a month or so. Maybe I should go get one or two more. That will last me a while.

Connoisseur

I hear grumblings in my area about shortages. Needing to buy a whole barrel of Eagle Rare and BT to get any. Things along those lines. It's not like you don't see bourbons on the shelves or anything like that. But there are clearly supply issues, and plenty of demand. With varying brands, at different points in time, I am seeing less on the shelves.

Connoisseur

The grocery stores, drug stores, and liquor stores around me have all kinds of MM on the shelves. They have 1.75L and 750ml bottles, and some gift boxes. Some places even have decent sales. With OWA the way it's been going, I may have to give MM a second look.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by PaulO View Post
    The grocery stores, drug stores, and liquor stores around me have all kinds of MM on the shelves. They have 1.75L and 750ml bottles, and some gift boxes. Some places even have decent sales. With OWA the way it's been going, I may have to give MM a second look.
    I think MM is good stuff and MM 46 is a great upgrade. Maybe more folks will give it a second chance with the WSR and OWA going down in quality.

Guru

MM is good stuff and just because it's common is no reason to strike it off the shopping list.
    We're Bourbon Geeks, it's who we are, it's what we do.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulO View Post
    When shortages first come to light around here, they are generally a few weeks/months off. The news comes down from someone with knowledge of the supply chain. It takes some time for the shortages to make their way down to every state and retailer. Distributors in some states may not be affected by the shortage.

And makers shortages are not the same as btac/pappy/4rlimited shortages. A shortage of makers may just be in one or two sizes for a few weeks.

We just got home from a short trip to Key Largo. No MM shortage there. At $65.00/1.75 I was not going to help reduce the supply either.