Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 135 of 221 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145185 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 2209
    Connoisseur

Re: What bourbon are you drinking? Summer 2013

Quote Originally Posted by 393foureyedfox View Post
    that show deserves a much better drink than old forester!
    Now, now... remember what you said about how the kind people at this site don't judge others' tastes too harshly.

I'm not the biggest Old Forrester fan myself, but it's a legit brand that garners a lot of respect.

I also had a pour while watching BB --- good ol' EWB.

Taster

Quote Originally Posted by MJB View Post
    I'm causing trouble on the internet drinking a large pour of ECBP 134.5 over a big cube of ice.... Its so good
    and my wife has pointed out the pour might have been to large.... Off to bed I go

Merry Pours to all
    Last edited by MJB; 08-19-2013 at 00:31.
    Matt
    International man of mystery

Frantically searching for Elijah Craig Barrel Proof....

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by JPBoston View Post
    Now, now... remember what you said about how the kind people at this site don't judge others' tastes too harshly.

I'm not the biggest Old Forrester fan myself, but it's a legit brand that garners a lot of respect.

I also had a pour while watching BB --- good ol' EWB.

sorry, it was more of a high compliment to Breaking Bad than it was an insult to Old Forester......

Enthusiast

Watching Breaking Bad myself last night with a great pour of a Blanton's store selection, after a pour of 2002 EW Single Barrel.

Connoisseur

Last night was Rowan's Creek, Larceny and Bernheim wheat while grilling and watchin TV.
    Bourbon only requires a glass.

Enthusiast

Saturday was Russell's Reserve, a very nice bourbon and worth bunkering at $23 a bottle.

Sunday was Evan Williams SB 2003, also very tasty

Connoisseur

Whew! What a weekend. A cousin of my DW graduated college in June and landed his first job with a big investment bank. He's completed the training programs in Boston and NYC, and was assigned to the Boston office. He arrived at Logan airport on Saturday with 95 pounds of luggage, 10 pounds of books and study materials on trading and finance, and a lead on an apartment with "four other guys I've never met but went to my college, and three are moving out and two are moving in, we'll have to find another one by September 1st".

There are things I miss about being 23, but sharing city apartments (Somerville in this case, for those who know the Boston area) with three or four other guys isn't on the list. DW and I helped him clean his allocated room of the delightful aroma of its former resident's ferrets. First we scrubbed down the walls and floor to remove the dirt, and then a good second wash with Nature's Miracle odor reducer to try and get the funk out. We left cleaners and equipment for him to tackle the horror that was the bathroom on his own. I will never figure out how the guys that were living there managed to convince their girlfriends to stay over (and two of them just got engaged!).

So for Sunday night, we brought him to a favorite Chinese restaurant, followed by ice cream at a place that featured a flavor I had to try, Bourbon with Vienna Finger Cookies (delicious!), and then home and I was the only one staying up late, unwinding with some OGD BiB to try and wash the scent of ferret musk out of my sinuses.

Disciple

I had several pours of EBSB and then I had a pour of Larceny that I had opened about a month ago. It doesn't seem as special now as it was then

Maybe it was the BBQ chicken.

Virtuoso

Somerville ... I know it well. I'm glad my days of doing that kind of stuff are behind me ... at least until my little ones get to that age. Had my own experiences moving folks in/out around Boston in similar circumstances and your story brought back aroma memories I have long tried to put behind me. My condolences ... I hope the OGD BiB did the trick.

My wife and I just got back from a wedding and stayed over in NYC - had a nice pour of Booker's and my first Bulleit Rye - I was pleasantly surprised at the mouthfeel of the Bulleit since I was expecting it to be very thin (it is LDI 95/5, right?) and to be very rye-spicy. While clearly rye forward, I found it a well-balanced pour with decent mouthfeel, and this was after the Booker's ...
    Mark

Guru

Some Barton/rocks while feeding the ferret . . . yes, we have a ferret . . . I call him Will Ferret.
    We're Bourbon Geeks, it's who we are, it's what we do.