Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 166 of 221 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166167168176216 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,660 of 2209
    Disciple

What bourbon are you drinking? Summer 2013

Quote Originally Posted by DeadEye09 View Post
    I just may do that! I think I've narrowed it down to Four Roses or ETL...or OGD114. (Also, my local store has a couple bottles of ECBP and I know this is hard to find right now...should I pick it up and wait until Im more 'experienced' until I open it?)

I really can't thank everyone enough for all the help!
    So... I'd buy the ECBP but I'm in favor of all of your options.

And I'd open it. Screw experience. Not like you have to drink it all tomorrow.
    Jim

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by HighInTheMtns View Post

What he said... You get experience by drinking it. :-)
    ¡Geaux Tigers! - ¡Visca el Barça!

"Really though, my hands are sore. The tool was doing it's thing with a flex hose." -Barrel_Proof

Taster

Re: What bourbon are you drinking? Summer 2013

I third the previous comments. Grab the ECBP. You can always water it down if the barrel proof proves a bit too strong to you at the moment. But honestly, even for a 137 proof bourbon, it's still amazingly smooth. All your options are quite tasty though.
    "The light music of whiskey falling into a glass -- an agreeable interlude." -- James Joyce

Connoisseur

Two pours of '93 WT80. Mmm, I detect oily, fruity caramel with tobacco spice followed by a hint of copper. I believe this is better than FRYL with the bonus of being a few bits cheaper (balanced by lower shoulder fill level, tho). I'm getting addicted to dusties while depleting my small stock.
    Last edited by MauiSon; 08-29-2013 at 21:15.

Enthusiast

Willet Estate 6 Year Single Barrel Bourbon 119 Proof is hitting the spot while celebrating the start of college football and my brother's first win as a high school JV QB

Connoisseur

a friend just left after sampling the new Stagg Jr. and comparing it to Bookers and Stagg. The Jr has a nice sweetness upfront; Stagg has it more on the back end. The Bookers had a strong, rather unpleasant alcohol taste and was the big loser tonight. The Stagg Jr. is definitely worth having.
    "A man can take a little bourbon without getting drunk, but if you hold his mouth open and pour in a quart, he's going to get sick on it."
    LBJ

Connoisseur

Felt like having something to drink after dinner. Opened up the cabinet bar, and poured a little FRYL to taste while I contemplated. Not bad, but not what I was looking for.

Digging around in the back of the shelves I turned up a 1/2 pour of WTR101, and with space in the bar at such a premium, emptied the bottle so I could empty a space.

With rye on the mind, I mixed up a manhattan with Ritt BiB, Cocchi Americano sweet vermouth, Fee's Orange Bitters, and four luxardo cherries. Yum!

Poured a little OFBB 2011 just now as that's the next bottle I want to clear out. There are bottles waiting in basement storage for the coveted spaces up in the living room!

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Kalessin View Post
    Felt like having something to drink after dinner. Opened up the cabinet bar, and poured a little FRYL to taste while I contemplated. Not bad, but not what I was looking for.

Digging around in the back of the shelves I turned up a 1/2 pour of WTR101, and with space in the bar at such a premium, emptied the bottle so I could empty a space.

With rye on the mind, I mixed up a manhattan with Ritt BiB, Cocchi Americano sweet vermouth, Fee's Orange Bitters, and four luxardo cherries. Yum!

Poured a little OFBB 2011 just now as that's the next bottle I want to clear out. There are bottles waiting in basement storage for the coveted spaces up in the living room!
    sounds like quite a night!
    "A man can take a little bourbon without getting drunk, but if you hold his mouth open and pour in a quart, he's going to get sick on it."
    LBJ

Guru

Finishing a big pour of the current 4RBP. This bottle won't last long if I'm not careful.
    I've never tried GTS with any sort of soda. Maybe I'm missing out; but I'm OK with that.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by HighInTheMtns View Post

I'd second that. I understand the budget woes - if you're still looking to find what you like, I'd take $25 and buy a bunch of 50 mL and 200 mL. Although I wouldn't let the ECBP slip by. It won't go bad if you try it and don't like it - it'll keep
    Gary
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    "Too much of anything is bad, but too much of good whiskey is barely enough." - Mark Twain
    "Because Whiskey Matters!" - David Perkins