Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 17 of 53 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Guru

Re: What Beer Are You Drinking? Summer '13

Make it so good.

Advanced Taster

What Beer Are You Drinking? Summer '13

Oskar Blues Gubna Imperial IPA… not the best DIPA I've had, but pretty good.

Hof ten Dormaal barrel aged series. 2013 dark ale aged in Sauternes barrels.

I wish a widely distributed American brewery would try this. Same beer aged in different type of casks. A barleywine or imperial stout would be obvious choices. Scotch ales take to wood well too.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by P&MLiquorsEric View Post
    Hof ten Dormaal barrel aged series. 2013 dark ale aged in Sauternes barrels.

I wish a widely distributed American brewery would try this. Same beer aged in different type of casks. A barleywine or imperial stout would be obvious choices. Scotch ales take to wood well too.
    What did you think of it? I have five of them (2013 Sherry, Port, Sauternes and No. 10 Madeira/No. 12 Armagnac that are also Dark Ales but don't say 2013 for some reason) but haven't tried them yet.

Spendy little suckers though!
    That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
    Ne Illegitimi Carborundum

Quote Originally Posted by tanstaafl2 View Post
    What did you think of it? I have five of them (2013 Sherry, Port, Sauternes and No. 10 Madeira/No. 12 Armagnac that are also Dark Ales but don't say 2013 for some reason) but haven't tried them yet.

Spendy little suckers though!
    I have only tried a few. The cognac dark is very good. The Sauternes has just a faint barrel influence. I tried the ardbeg at a bar and it was not very good. I haven't had a peated scotch barrel beer that I enjoyed yet.

We have 11 of them now. 5 blonde ales and 6 dark. I am curious about the grappa. Might be the next purchase.

Connoisseur

I am drinking my last Westbrook IPA while grilling some hot dogs for the kids.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2
    Josh

Guru

Sweetwater LowRYEder IPA. Not bad. Used to drink Sweetwater all the time 10 years ago when I lived in the ATL, but it's just made its way to the Lexington market.

Guru

And now a Crooked Stave Hopsavant. Wow. This is one of the weirder ales I've ever had. Funky fresh. Literally. Musty nose of some serious aged cheese and mushrooms, and then loads of tart citrus on the palate. Delicious stuff.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by P&MLiquorsEric View Post
    I have only tried a few. The cognac dark is very good. The Sauternes has just a faint barrel influence. I tried the ardbeg at a bar and it was not very good. I haven't had a peated scotch barrel beer that I enjoyed yet.

We have 11 of them now. 5 blonde ales and 6 dark. I am curious about the grappa. Might be the next purchase.

Don't have access to the lighter colored boxes on the left. Only the six darker boxes. The only one I did not get was the Grappa so curious what you think.

Is the Cognac barrel among the lighter boxes? I did not see it among the darker blue boxes I have access to, just Armagnac.

I recall most of the options from the first series were blond ales not dark ales.
    That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
    Ne Illegitimi Carborundum

The ones on left are blond. Cognac aged is available in both blond and dark.

I have not had any of the blond versions.

Drinking a woot stout from stone now. Solid brew.