Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 44 of 53 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast
Results 431 to 440 of 524
  1. #431
    Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Just East of the Big Chicken, GA
    Posts
    5,967

    Re: What Beer Are You Drinking? Summer '13

    Quote Originally Posted by HighInTheMtns View Post
    It's not Bo and Luke, but I'm drinking an Anderson Valley Bourbon Barrel Stout.
    What do you think of Anderson Valley in general, Jim? I see it around, am always tempted, but can't seem to pull the trigger. For no other reason than....well... I ain't got no reason...
    JOE

    Wag more.
    Bark less.

    "Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

  2. #432
    Disciple
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    A pretty great state.
    Posts
    1,782

    Re: What Beer Are You Drinking? Summer '13

    Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe View Post
    What do you think of Anderson Valley in general, Jim? I see it around, am always tempted, but can't seem to pull the trigger. For no other reason than....well... I ain't got no reason...
    We get several of their beers here - I know I've had the IPA, Amber, and Oatmeal Stout at least, but none of them have really grabbed me. Not bad, by any means, just that there are plenty of others I'd rather drink.

    As for this Turkey barrel stout, it's kind of unique - pretty much every other barrel aged stout I've had has been a pretty high gravity beer, where this one is only 6.9% ABV. The bourbon flavors are prominent, but it lacks the rich thickness I usually get from a beer of this style. Enjoyable, but not what I was expecting.
    Jim

  3. #433
    Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Just East of the Big Chicken, GA
    Posts
    5,967

    Re: What Beer Are You Drinking? Summer '13

    Quote Originally Posted by HighInTheMtns View Post
    We get several of their beers here - I know I've had the IPA, Amber, and Oatmeal Stout at least, but none of them have really grabbed me. Not bad, by any means, just that there are plenty of others I'd rather drink.

    As for this Turkey barrel stout, it's kind of unique - pretty much every other barrel aged stout I've had has been a pretty high gravity beer, where this one is only 6.9% ABV. The bourbon flavors are prominent, but it lacks the rich thickness I usually get from a beer of this style. Enjoyable, but not what I was expecting.
    Thanks. I think I remember seeing the Turkey Barrel Stout on a bomber. I get what you're saying about it. I'll try it though...well...cuz...it sez bourbon on it!
    JOE

    Wag more.
    Bark less.

    "Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

  4. #434
    Disciple
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    A pretty great state.
    Posts
    1,782

    Re: What Beer Are You Drinking? Summer '13

    Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe View Post
    Thanks. I think I remember seeing the Turkey Barrel Stout on a bomber. I get what you're saying about it. I'll try it though...well...cuz...it sez bourbon on it!
    Far be it from me to discourage that (typed as I happily move on to the second half of the bomber.) This is good beer.
    Jim

  5. #435
    Advanced Taster
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    172

    Re: What Beer Are You Drinking? Summer '13

    Southern Tier Pumking - what a dissapointment. How is this an Imperial? Super thin and had a malt beverage aftertaste...

  6. #436
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Columbia. South Carolina
    Posts
    865

    Re: What Beer Are You Drinking? Summer '13

    Sea Dog Hazelnut Porter

  7. #437
    Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Just East of the Big Chicken, GA
    Posts
    5,967

    Re: What Beer Are You Drinking? Summer '13

    A good friend muled some Goose Island Harvest Ale and Oktoberfest to me at KBF (notice a theme here?...) Settlin' in to a day of football on the radio with both. The Oktoberfest is really on the mark, so far. Creamy, malty, and with a touch of sweetness. Harvest Ale is no slouch, either. I'm thinking that if the temp cools off tonight, and I get the first fire going in the outdoor fireplace, this may be my accompaniment with my Padron. .

    Thanks, T!!
    JOE

    Wag more.
    Bark less.

    "Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

  8. #438
    Virtuoso
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sutton, Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,202

    Re: What Beer Are You Drinking? Summer '13

    Last of a six-pack of Sierra Nevada Bigfoot Barleywine Style Ale from last winter - I think this got better with some time in bottle.
    Mark

  9. #439
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Commonwealth of KY
    Posts
    3,155

    Re: What Beer Are You Drinking? Summer '13

    It usually does. Looking forward to trying my barrel aged on with a year or so on it.

    Having a Drie Fonteinen Oude Geuze right now. Damned super fine Lambic.

  10. #440
    Disciple
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    MOLINE,IL
    Posts
    1,764

    Re: What Beer Are You Drinking? Summer '13

    An Artisan Ales "Prairie Bomb" it's probably the best thing I've poured this year.....I'm a Stout fan and this is nothing short of perfection.
    "To deny our own impulses is to deny the very thing that makes us human."
    Larry Wachowski

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. What Beer Are You Drinking - Summer 2012
    By T Comp in forum Non-Whiskey Alcohol
    Replies: 157
    Last Post: 09-18-2012, 15:25
  2. What Beer are you drinking summer 2011
    By HipFlask in forum Non-Whiskey Alcohol
    Replies: 175
    Last Post: 09-22-2011, 12:27
  3. What beer are you drinking Summer 2010
    By HipFlask in forum Non-Whiskey Alcohol
    Replies: 132
    Last Post: 01-19-2011, 18:56
  4. What are you drinking tonight, Summer '08
    By Virus_Of_Life in forum General Bourbon Discussion
    Replies: 862
    Last Post: 09-22-2008, 17:15
  5. What are you drinking this morning? summer 08
    By fog in forum General Bourbon Discussion
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 07-16-2008, 14:45

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back to top