Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Advanced Taster

Re: What Cocktail are you Enjoying Summer '13?

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Manthey View Post
    Yes, thank you for the recipe. As much as I enjoyed it, being a fan of bitter and peated, I don't think I'd serve it to someone that wasn't a fan of at least one of those flavors.

Get yourself some coupes! The cocktail kingdom ones are relatively cheap and are sturdy enough for bar use. I also use them at home when I don't trust my guests with the fancy antique crystal stuff.

Science is fun? "What?" I guess I tend to shy away from many of the cutting edge techniques and gadgets that have come out over the last few years. I still enjoy the drinks and love learning about the processes. However, I find I most often need to make drinks in situations that don't allow much in terms of preparation or tools. Also, I spend so much time focused on technology during my day job, I find it very rewarding to shift that focus at night to making things that are more about aesthetics and being hand-crafted. I love the look on someone's face when I make something beautiful right in front of them and get the "mmmm" nod after they take the first sip.
    Yes. As the name suggests, this cocktail is not for beginners.

I looked at CK's. As I recall, they had two sizes. The larger one had the profile I was looking for, but I believe was too roomy for my needs; around 7.5 oz or so. The one that had a more reasonable capacity did not look like a scaled down version of the former, but a different and less attractive design altogether.

When I'm in a position to host people more frequently, aesthetics will take the front seat. Being a proper host is more important to me than technically fascinating diversions. Right now, fitting glassware is mostly to satisfy my anal desire for propriety.

Connoisseur

Is there a name for a mint julep that the simple syrup is replaced with local honey?

I have been trying out this concoction with Henry McKenna BiB and OGD114 tonight. They are both great! I had previously enjoyed this with WR as well as FRSmB.
    - H

Guru

Don't recall a name but the combo sounds like a natural.
    We're Bourbon Geeks, it's who we are, it's what we do.

Advanced Taster

I went out the garden get some mint for pistachio pesto tonight. Threw the extra mint into a glass with ice, and Redemption High Rye Bourbon. Cocktail? I'm not sure, but I'm on my second and liking it

Ted
    In Society that Outlaws Adventure the Only Adventure is to Outlaw that Society