Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
    Virtuoso

Need beer of the month club advise

My daughter (lives in Colorado) and IO are members of the U.S. Microbrewed Beer Club. http://www.beermonthclub.com

When we each get our shipments, we Skype and do beer tastings and catch up. Recently, We've noticed some redundancy and were wondering if another club might be nice. Have any of you had any experience with beer clubs?

Guru

Re: Need beer of the month club advise

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    My daughter (lives in Colorado) and IO are members of the U.S. Microbrewed Beer Club. http://www.beermonthclub.com

When we each get our shipments, we Skype and do beer tastings and catch up. Recently, We've noticed some redundancy and were wondering if another club might be nice. Have any of you had any experience with beer clubs?

I have never tired a beer club so no advice to offer in that regard. Have you tried contacting them about the redundancy? I know it must be tough for the club to find variety with only about 4 zillion brewery's around these days and seemingly a new one opening every other day!

I can go to a halfway decent liquor store in town and probably do a different Atlanta area brewery every month for more than year, most of which have opened in the last 2-3 years.
    That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
    Ne Illegitimi Carborundum

Guru

We belonged to a couple of clubs and arguably they were useful 20 years ago but today my local Walmart has a better selection.
    We're Bourbon Geeks, it's who we are, it's what we do.

Enthusiast

My advice is to do whatever you have to to keep something special going with your daughter and to guard it jealously. I have an adult son who lives out-of-state in another region of the country. Once he finished school, communications kind of dwindled. So, straighten out those beer people or join another club. Wish I could recommend one.