Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 27 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast
    Advanced Taster

Re: What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Summer 2013

Quote Originally Posted by squire View Post
    Which had been lost in a corner of the warehouse until now.
    Actually it's funny you should say that. I didn't make it in time for the tasting, but I did stop in there later in the day. The OWA Single Barrel had a sign on it explaining how this barrel had been "lost in the warehouse for over a year". I bought a bottle anyway because I wanted to compare with the standard batch. $29.95 for 1 liter.

The BT had a sign saying that it was a special batch made from 3 barrels and it mentioned something about "working with Harlen Wheatley" or something along those lines. I can't remember the exact wording but I did notice it didn't specifically mention Mr. Wheatley having helped selected the barrels. I decided to pass on this for now.

I made a huge mistake that I'm kicking myself over right now. While at Jungle Jim's in Cincy, I went into the liquor store there and saw a 1L bottle of AAA for $13. I bought it immediately and was smiling all the way to the parking lot. When I got out to the car and looked at it again, I noticed it was AAA 10-Star. Reading as much about AAA on this board as I have, I should have known better. When I got to TPS, I picked up the correct 10 year AAA.

I also picked up a FR1B at TPS of recipe OESF. I'm anxious to see what that F yeast tastes like.

Enthusiast

Picked up a Jefferson 10 yr rye and a Liquor Barn private barrel of Four Roses OBSQ. Never had the Q yeast, looking forward to trying it.

Guru

Well, if they can say it with a straight face I promise not to laugh.

Advanced Taster

Based on the many responses to my thread "What 5 are currently in you rotation", I picked up a Willett 4yr Rye and a Rittenhouse
    BIB(getting the hang of the abbrev.) Rye. I liked the Willett more then the other 5 bottles I have, but, of course, it's the most expensive
    of them all....

Novice

This has been a great week for me.

Picked up 3 bottles of Elijah Craig Barrel Proof, 2 bottles of 2009 Stagg, and a bottle of Van Winkle 13 Year Rye. Should have all in hand in the next few weeks!

Guru

Seems like more of both FR 1B LE 2013 and ECBP has been made available recently as I managed to get a couple of bottles of each over the last 2 days.
    That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
    Ne Illegitimi Carborundum

Disciple

dammit!

ive still yet to see any ECBP here in louisville KY. seems everyone BUT bourbon central (louisville) has it!

is a new batch just being released? if anyone in louisville sees any, would you mind telling me where? i promise to only take one bottle!

Guru

What I found was the same proof as before, 134.2. No batch number on it that I can see to tell if it is the same or not but the proof suggests it is that same.

Quote Originally Posted by 393foureyedfox View Post
    dammit!

ive still yet to see any ECBP here in louisville KY. seems everyone BUT bourbon central (louisville) has it!

is a new batch just being released? if anyone in louisville sees any, would you mind telling me where? i promise to only take one bottle!
    That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
    Ne Illegitimi Carborundum

Apprentice

I haven't seen it here either. I talked with a clerk at a store just across the river who said they got two bottles of ECBP, and it flew out the door. I was told not to expect anymore at that store. I'll let you know if I come across any as I'm looking too. Any likelihood that HH gift shop would have any?

Quote Originally Posted by 393foureyedfox View Post
    dammit!

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Duke View Post
    Any likelihood that HH gift shop would have any?
    from what ive heard, thats the only place around louisville that anyone has seen any. and ive heard its price is jacked up there too. ill try one if i can find it and its under $40