I didn't see a thread on this. I got an email this morning announcing Knob Creek Smoked Maple Bourbon.

He's a bit of information I pulled from the web:
"This fall, the brand plans to enter yet another burgeoning segment with its first flavored Bourbon, Knob Creek Smoked Maple. Rolling out nationwide this September, the new offering was created to commemorate Knob Creek founder Booker Noe, who enjoyed smoking meat and crafting his own maple syrup. Flavored whisk(e)y is currently the fastest-growing spirits segment in the U.S. market, according to Nielsen, which reports that its volume jumped by 117% to 990,000 cases for the 52 weeks ended May 25. Although pricing for Smoked Maple has yet to be announced, the entry will join its Knob Creek counterparts in the super-premium range, according to Mason."

Does anyone know any more details about this? Are they just adding maple and artificial smoke to their bourbon? Or is this possibly finished on smoked maple wood? I'm not a huge fan of smoky flavor in my beverages (bourbon or beer), but I plan to give this a try. At the very least it seems more enticing than the overly sweet cinnamon bourbons some of these guys have put out.