Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 42 of 55 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
    Disciple

Re: What did you pass up today? Summer '13

Quote Originally Posted by suntour View Post
    I wondered when my dad got a liter of AAA for nearly $25 in KY recently how much less he'd have to spend to get a handle on the bottle. Maybe he was scared off by the plastic. Do they make AAA handles in glass also?

I passed on a bottle of Baby Saz today, which I'm pretty sure I've never seen in the wild. It was pretty dusty, though I remember seeing that Baby Saz has unexpectedly reappeared in some areas, so maybe its newer than it seems.

i only see AAA 10 year in 1.75's anymore. and they typically are $33-35 here. i paid no attention to if it were plastic or glass, but id guess plastic. ive never been curious to try AAA........unless they offered it at 100+ proof

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by suntour View Post
    I wondered when my dad got a liter of AAA for nearly $25 in KY recently how much less he'd have to spend to get a handle on the bottle. Maybe he was scared off by the plastic. Do they make AAA handles in glass also?

I passed on a bottle of Baby Saz today, which I'm pretty sure I've never seen in the wild. It was pretty dusty, though I remember seeing that Baby Saz has unexpectedly reappeared in some areas, so maybe its newer than it seems.
    I bought a liter of AAA in the low $20s in June. I am seeing Baby Saz for around $30 in Indy.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by 393foureyedfox View Post
    i only see AAA 10 year in 1.75's anymore. and they typically are $33-35 here. i paid no attention to if it were plastic or glass, but id guess plastic. ive never been curious to try AAA........unless they offered it at 100+ proof
    Lex has nothing but 1.75 AAA's (all plastic bottles). It's running 35-37 depending on where you are (and is very scarce). Beaumont LB only had three left on Friday and a neighborhood Rite Aid had 5 on Sat morning. The prices have gone through the roof, but it is worth every penny to grab these when/where you can find them!

Disciple

Passed up a WT 14yr Tradition and WT Forgiven; the tastes I've had of Tradition were quite nice - just not $105 nice.
    Gary
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    "Too much of anything is bad, but too much of good whiskey is barely enough." - Mark Twain
    "Because Whiskey Matters!" - David Perkins

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Renegator View Post
    Passed on some Black Maple Hill. Price is starting to creep up. Some stores still have it at $49.99 but some have it as high as $69.99.
    I've seen the NAS BMH in 3 stores in last 2 weeks. New drop? anyone have any news on this.
    "Civilization begins with distillation."

William Faulkner

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by wmpevans View Post
    I've seen the NAS BMH in 3 stores in last 2 weeks. New drop? anyone have any news on this.
    Shoppers Vineyard by me just got some new stock in. Priced at the "low" price of $59.99. I wouldn't buy it for less, certainly not for $60. At this same visit yesterday, also passed up Stagg Jr. at $64.99. It's a shame, as SV has always been a great resource for the more limited releases, but they have ridden the wave of significantly higher prices recently. I bit on the ECBP a few months ago at $50, but that was easier to stomach.

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by wmpevans View Post
    Right around town? I saw some in NW Georgia a couple weekends ago (priced from $40 to $50) but passed. Haven't seen any around Marietta recently.
    Gary
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    "Too much of anything is bad, but too much of good whiskey is barely enough." - Mark Twain
    "Because Whiskey Matters!" - David Perkins

Advanced Taster

Im pretty sure they are pushing for $60 to be the new normal price for BMH. It's the state min here in Michigan.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by darylld911 View Post
    Right around town? I saw some in NW Georgia a couple weekends ago (priced from $40 to $50) but passed. Haven't seen any around Marietta recently.
    I have seen it recently (and passed) at $60+ or thereabouts at several big stores including Tower. I think they are living off their past reputation and trying to get a premium price for average at best whiskey. $30 and I might think about it! And then pass again...
    That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
    Ne Illegitimi Carborundum

Connoisseur

Today (if my constitution will permit a couple extra pours) I'll probably finish off the last of my Old Forester Birthday Bourbon from last fall. This one is actually a bottle I found a couple months ago on my way thru a little town, about 65-miles from here, where my Sainted Mother now resides (bless her white-haired old head).
    Here's to her, and to one of fav's of all time; '12 OFBB!