Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 23 of 55 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    Guru

Re: What did you pass up today? Summer '13

Quote Originally Posted by tanstaafl2 View Post
    Sure, we know lots of stuff! Whether any of it is of any account is another story.
    With a few drinks we all wax eloquent and get better looking as we say it.

Advanced Taster

Passed up a bottle of Conner Creek Reserve today. It was on clearance for $19.95 which made it tempting but I find it hard to pull the trigger on something NDP without either trying it first or overall good reviews. The reviews here were mixed so it was probably a good move.

Guru

It's not bad but it's not worth two Bartons either, lotsa good information here.

Virtuoso

What did you pass up today? Summer '13

Quote Originally Posted by smknjoe View Post
    I see the Tradition and American Spirit in a few stores for $79-$99. I think most people agree with you Renegator.

I can't believe that I saw James E. Pepper 15yr. for $150 today! Another store had it for $60 a few months ago.
    I noticed a large spread on the J Pepper 15 prices of the Rye vs. Bourbon when it first came out. Now both just about the same.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by tanstaafl2 View Post
    Local store with a barrel pick of Buffalo Trace that appeared to have just arrived. Don't know the people in this store well enough to know how well they do with their picks so I passed for now since I have a handle plus of BT at home already. But the 750 was $21.99 and they also had the barrel pick available in a convenient family size which I dont recall seeing that often.
    Was that one of the first stores to see the Ritt BIB DSP-1? When I drove out there to pick that up a few weeks ago, the guy was talking up their BT single barrel/private barrel pick (but I had the same issue - not knowing who picked, and not needing any more BT at the moment). That was the first private/single barrel BT I'd ever seen (same thing being in a handle!)
    Gary
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    "Too much of anything is bad, but too much of good whiskey is barely enough." - Mark Twain
    "Because Whiskey Matters!" - David Perkins

Disciple

Though close to it while on vacation here, I will pass on the Manhattans in the Mountains event today, advertised as custom cocktails from Makers 46 at the Beaver Creek (CO) Wine & Sprits Festival for $40 between 3PM and 6PM.
    Thad

BTOTY-2011

Virtuoso

HW 21 Rye @$125 sitting next to James E Pepper Rye 15yr @$169. Hmmmm, let me think which one looks like the better value. Skipped both since i've never tried older aged Rye and would rather pay for a pour at a bar than take that leap just yet.

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by theglobalguy View Post
    HW 21 Rye @$125 sitting next to James E Pepper Rye 15yr @$169. Hmmmm, let me think which one looks like the better value. Skipped both since i've never tried older aged Rye and would rather pay for a pour at a bar than take that leap just yet.
    if you can find them all of the higher aged ryes are north of $125. Some substantially so. I last saw the HW21 at $138 so truthfully that is not a bad price for something that will be gone shortly.

Edit-higher aged being anything w a 20 number. You may get lucky w a Saz18 , Michter's10 or VWFRR under $100.
    Last edited by Old Dusty; 08-09-2013 at 13:10.
    They say some of my stars drink whiskey, but I have found that ones who drink milkshakes don't win many ball games-Casey Stengel

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by darylld911 View Post
    Was that one of the first stores to see the Ritt BIB DSP-1? When I drove out there to pick that up a few weeks ago, the guy was talking up their BT single barrel/private barrel pick (but I had the same issue - not knowing who picked, and not needing any more BT at the moment). That was the first private/single barrel BT I'd ever seen (same thing being in a handle!)
    Wasn't the first place I saw Ritt DSP-1. Not sure if they have it yet as I didn't look this last trip. The BT SB I saw was at Toco Giant.
    That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
    Ne Illegitimi Carborundum

Disciple

Passed on a Wild Turkey Tradition @ $109.99. Love me some WT but no how, no way.