Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Guru

Re: What's your favorite BIB and why?

Very nice but new packaging will also mean higher prices so get 'em while we can.

Virtuoso

What's your favorite BIB and why?

Quote Originally Posted by squire View Post
    Very nice but new packaging will also mean higher prices so get 'em while we can.
    Ran across the new style 80 proof this weekend, imagine the BIB soon to follow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Enthusiast

Why does Heaven Hill hate fonts so much? Major upgrade on the packaging in general but that lettering is pre-90s hideousness.

I really want to try this (even having heard multiple mixed reviews) and I must secure an old-bottle so I can have the ugliest packaging in whiskey.

Guru

That font may be hideous, but it beats the hell outta that velvet craft project old bottle.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by suntour View Post
    Why does Heaven Hill hate fonts so much? Major upgrade on the packaging in general but that lettering is pre-90s hideousness.

I really want to try this (even having heard multiple mixed reviews) and I must secure an old-bottle so I can have the ugliest packaging in whiskey.
    I think there's still uglier in current packaging compared with the "old" Henry McKenna design -- Ri1 comes to mind -- but the font choice on the Henry McKenna bottles will have people asking for "That McKHenryEnna up on the shelf over there."

Oops.

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by MyOldKyDram View Post
    That font may be hideous, but it beats the hell outta that velvet craft project old bottle.
    I gotta agree it's like a Kindergarten 4H project gone wrong.
    "To deny our own impulses is to deny the very thing that makes us human."
    Larry Wachowski

I am relatively inexperienced (more so than my "join date" would suggest) and I have only tried OGD and VOB BiB but IMO they are both VERY tasty pours AND FANTASTIC values. I was shocked when I saw handles of VOB for under $25 and only slightly less shocked when I saw OGD BIB 1L for $21. It's not the best whiskey in the world but quite flavorful and it pleases me that I can find quality stuff at 100 proof for such a reasonable price.

A note to the masses: keep buying 80-proof Jack Daniel's and Maker's Mark etc. for $25+ a fifth, so I can keep buying OGD and VOB at these ridiculously low prices. Fortunately, the "enthusiast" segment of the market is relatively small (I am guessing, at least).

Enthusiast

Sipping on a glass of Old Heaven Hill BIB, I cheers you and that post.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by QiCultivator View Post
    I am relatively inexperienced (more so than my "join date" would suggest) and I have only tried OGD and VOB BiB but IMO they are both VERY tasty pours AND FANTASTIC values. I was shocked when I saw handles of VOB for under $25 and only slightly less shocked when I saw OGD BIB 1L for $21. It's not the best whiskey in the world but quite flavorful and it pleases me that I can find quality stuff at 100 proof for such a reasonable price.

A note to the masses: keep buying 80-proof Jack Daniel's and Maker's Mark etc. for $25+ a fifth, so I can keep buying OGD and VOB at these ridiculously low prices. Fortunately, the "enthusiast" segment of the market is relatively small (I am guessing, at least).
    OK, Squire, I've heard of people creating second accounts to disguise opinions but this is WAY too obvious!
    They say some of my stars drink whiskey, but I have found that ones who drink milkshakes don't win many ball games-Casey Stengel

Guru

Not me, I would never pay $25 for a bottle of Jack or Makers.
    We're Bourbon Geeks, it's who we are, it's what we do.