Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
    Advanced Taster

Re: 5 that are ALWAYS in your rotation

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Debord View Post
    I am new too, but I think I've found my 5:

Elmer T. Lee
    Weller SR or 12
    Elijah Craig12
    Eagle Rare10
    Evan Williams10
    Sorry for the confusion.
    For some reason Eagle Rare Single Barrel 10 years old is "ER10" and Evans Williams Single Barrel 10 years old is "EWSB" on these forums. I just typed it wrong. Perhaps it should be ERSB10 and EWSB10????

I think these are my 5 affordable bourbons to keep around. I certainly enjoy Rock Hill Farms, Maker's 46, Blanton's, Buffalo Trace Antique Collection, Pappy 15, Angel's Envy and many more, but a solid 5 that are easy on the pocket book is how I approached this. I hope to keep trying more and moving forward through the journey.

Thanks all!
    -Guy Debord

Connoisseur

I must say that one that is threatening to crack my top 5 is selected single barrel OWA like the one I got at the Party Source last week. Not sure there are many better values that I know of out there than a good OWA.

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Debord View Post
    Sorry for the confusion.
    For some reason Eagle Rare Single Barrel 10 years old is "ER10" and Evans Williams Single Barrel 10 years old is "EWSB" on these forums. I just typed it wrong. Perhaps it should be ERSB10 and EWSB10????

I think these are my 5 affordable bourbons to keep around. I certainly enjoy Rock Hill Farms, Maker's 46, Blanton's, Buffalo Trace Antique Collection, Pappy 15, Angel's Envy and many more, but a solid 5 that are easy on the pocket book is how I approached this. I hope to keep trying more and moving forward through the journey.

Thanks all!
    EWSB is commonly 9 years and some months old, not quite 10. Eagle Rare can just be ER, unless you're referring to the old 101 proofer. </pedantic>
    Jim

Disciple

Mine has changed since my first post on this thread. ETL, RITTBIB, 4RYL, JEFF10, & HMckBIB