Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Taster

2015 Booker's roundtable?

Is there a roundtable batch this/next year? I saw a 2015 bottle the other day and was curious if they're doing that again?
    My Whiskey Review Blog: Whiskey Lately

Guru

Re: 2015 Booker's roundtable?

I woudnt be surprised. Seems the roundtable batch last year and the 25th this year have put Booker's back on the bourbon map. Ive turned a number of people onto it too that had not heard of it before, or not tried it before....but now, everyone seems to know the name

Connoisseur

I know they are releasing the new batches with names as opposed to numbers, not sure if any are roundtable.

Connoisseur

What's so special about the roundtable version as opposed to the others? Never seen it around these parts.
    Everyday my spirit seems to find its way to the bottom of a glass...... Don

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by dSculptor View Post
    What's so special about the roundtable version as opposed to the others? Never seen it around these parts.
    Chuck Cowdery should be online any minute now to give you an insider's perspective. Barrels for Roundtable are selected in consultation with highly regarded bourbon aficianados. Many of us (are you listening Chuck?) would like to know more about the selection process.
    If God made anything better than bourbon he must have kept it for Hisself.

Virtuoso

I thought this was a 'one-off'. An informal gathering of Master Distillers (and others?) who tasted through each of their favorite barrels; then named this one the pick of the 'roundtable'. Is this not the case? If there was to be an annual release of this (them?), I've yet to hear anything about it.... Which makes little sense, if it's supposed to be a high-end, sought-after issue. After all, if I were to get this sort of publicity and not take advantage by advertising the next one; what would that make me?.... NOT Fred Noe! His job is too push Beam's best and most innovative stuff as hard as possible; YES?

Connoisseur

The 2013-6 Roundtable was good which I believe Chuck was part of that group. Thought it was better than just a random bottle off the shelf. That being said, it wasn't mind blowing by any means. I'd relate it to a best of the best store pick where they actually went to the distillery and put forth the effort to get a good barrel that fits within the profile of the label.

As for 2014, I think Chuck said they did another for this year, but I can't recall the number, nor can I say I've seen any 2014- labels this year. As noted above, 2015 is supposed to have some "special" names. A link to Sku's will give you the TBT links . . .

http://recenteats.blogspot.com/2014/...park-1968.html

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Richnimrod View Post
    I thought this was a 'one-off'. An informal gathering of Master Distillers (and others?) who tasted through each of their favorite barrels; then named this one the pick of the 'roundtable'. Is this not the case? If there was to be an annual release of this (them?), I've yet to hear anything about it.... Which makes little sense, if it's supposed to be a high-end, sought-after issue. After all, if I were to get this sort of publicity and not take advantage by advertising the next one; what would that make me?.... NOT Fred Noe! His job is too push Beam's best and most innovative stuff as hard as possible; YES?
    Pretty sure they were still batches not single barrels . . . so I googled it. Here's some more info . . .

http://chuckcowdery.blogspot.com/201...xt-bottle.html

http://www.marketwired.com/press-rel...13-1837287.htm

Taster

My bad... the bottle was 2014 batch, not 2015, but same question. Wondering the batch # for this year, if there is a roundtable.
    My Whiskey Review Blog: Whiskey Lately

Guru

I tried the 2013-6 and agree with Mark - better than a random batch for sure, but I didn't think it was so amazing that I bunkered the hell out of it. I have passed on other "roundtable" batches; unless I have a chance to try them first or hear from a lot of friends that thought highly of one.
    Gary (aka 'Country')
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    "Too much of anything is bad, but too much of good whiskey is barely enough." - Mark Twain
    "Because Whiskey Matters!" - David Perkins