Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Disciple

Re: Old Forester Birthday Bourbon 2012?

I have never personally been a big OFBB,but the '12 seemed to strike me right for once.I thought this releases had a lot going on this being the first I have purchased since the '09 release which I found to be one of the worst bourbons I've had to date with an over bearing cedar note I just could't shake.I actually enjoyed this one enough to maybe even pick up another and for me that is saying a lot as I am far from being a BF fanboy.
    "To deny our own impulses is to deny the very thing that makes us human."
    Larry Wachowski

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by P&MLiquorsEric View Post
    Sorry it was a bit snarky. I apologize.

What I meant was to expect significant increases in nearly all limited release bourbons going forward. $50 will be the low end for limited releases.
    No problem at all. And unfortunately, I'm quite sure you're right. In a few years, we'll probably be nostalgic for $50 OFBB.

Enthusiast

Delicious, delicious stuff. I'm listening to Larry Coryell live from the Village Gate and nursing with exquisite care this oaky, mellow treat. I've had a bottle of this stuff open for about a year now, but hadn't really gotten into it until the sun started to set this evening. It was worth the wait - after going through a bottle of Angel's Envy over the past month, it's hip to get back to this old school stuff. Just like Coryell's guitar - no compromise, no bullspit, just leather and wood and a sipper's delight.

Advanced Taster

I just picked up a bottle of OFBB 2013 for $38 - not on sale. So let's raise a glass to the failure of the expected price increase. Haven't cracked it open yet.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by WhiskyRI View Post
    I just picked up a bottle of OFBB 2013 for $38 - not on sale. So let's raise a glass to the failure of the expected price increase. Haven't cracked it open yet.
    WoW! That's gotta be a mis-priced bottle. ... I'd say; if they have more at that price, I'd grab a few. ....Unless it's a big drop in pleasure for you from the '12 edition. Personally I love the '12. Most in this thread are in agreement; but I've encountered more than a few folks who abhor it ...Or won't pay the increase from '11 ( about $5 in my area... up to $45). I look forward to each release of BB. Not all of 'em have hit me square; but most are distinctive and worth the cost. '11 was a bit sub-par IMHO.

Guru

I'd bet it's priced right. Last year and this year it was $35.99 - $60 here depending on where you shop.
    Last edited by smknjoe; 09-22-2013 at 08:16.
    I've never tried GTS with any sort of soda. Maybe I'm missing out; but I'm OK with that.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by P&MLiquorsEric View Post

If they can keep it under $50 at retail, it is a good buy. But I have a feeling it won't be much longer. Brown Foreman has the most regular price increases in the game.

i hate to say it, as a good friend works for them, but BF doesnt have ANYthing id pay $50 for, and most of our circle of friends agrees