Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
    Advanced Taster

Cheers from the Philly area!

I've been drinking Bourbon for the last year or so, after a 15 year affair with wine and Scotch and a fling here and there with various flirty gins. About a year or so ago I decided to learn more about spirits and making cocktails. I found I really enjoyed Manhattans so I had to learn more about American whiskeys. My first choice for Bourbon was Makers 46, because I like good stuff and it cost more, so it had to be better, right? Well I was kind of unimpressed with it and dallied with brandy and liqueurs for a bit.

When I came back to Bourbon, I tried Buffalo Trace and Evan Williams SB. Well, where have you been all my life? It took me 49 years to find you?

My current faves are BT, EC12 and OWA. I'm also enjoying rye, particularly the Bulleit 95% rye.

I haven't gone up-scale yet because frankly I am very happy with bottles I can get for $25. I have some nice expensive Irish and Scotch whiskeys when I want to treat myself, but frankly haven't had to go there very often.

Hello to everyone, glad to be here!

Disciple

Re: Cheers from the Philly area!

Welcome from NWGA. One thing you'll quickly find out is that you don't have to pay top dollar for excellent taste. Look forward to your participation. There are lot members with good advice on this site.

Disciple

Hey man,

Welcome from Indy. You seem to have a little experience with bourbons so you should enjoy this forum. Manhattans are one of my favorite cocktails. EC12 and OWA and ryes are solid pours. Welcome aboard. We look forward to seeing more of you in the forum.

mbroo

Welcome, always good to see another Philly area member as we are pretty scarce on here. If you are free on Saturday i am hosting a bourbon get together at my place which is in Kennett Square

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by michaelturtle1 View Post
    Welcome, always good to see another Philly area member as we are pretty scarce on here. If you are free on Saturday i am hosting a bourbon get together at my place which is in Kennett Square
    Hey I appreciate the invitation and I would love to come and try some pours, but I'm going down-a-shore on Saturday. Maybe next time!

No worries, I try and host every 3 months or so just check out the bourbon social forum

Guru

Hey Squeak, welcome aboard. For my use I find the under $25 bottles treat me very nicely.

Connoisseur

Hi Squeak! Glad to have you aboard. Welcome from Michigan.
    I like all 'your current fave Bourbons', too. All are fine examples of their distilleries efforts and different mashbills (IMHO).
    Your three are all on my top-ten list for good value, and all are delicious pours. I have at least one of each on my shelf always.