Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Advanced Taster

Bourbons by the barrel

Did a search and didn't see any discussions about this. I have been considering getting a group of friends together to select a barrel of some sort. Do y'all know which bourbons are available by the barrel? I know I have seen Trace, Roses, Knob Creek, EC12, Elmer T. Lee, Evan Williams...any other options? Experiences? Thanks from a newbie

Guru

Re: Bourbons by the barrel

Quote Originally Posted by gooneygoogoo View Post
    Did a search and didn't see any discussions about this. I have been considering getting a group of friends together to select a barrel of some sort. Do y'all know which bourbons are available by the barrel? I know I have seen Trace, Roses, Knob Creek, EC12, Elmer T. Lee, Evan Williams...any other options? Experiences? Thanks from a newbie
    Apparently Brown-Foreman is now playing with Old Forester. Will be a barrel pick coming to a store here in town soon. They did a nice job with a Four Roses pick so hopefully it will be good. I have seen JD with a barrel pick in several stores. Don't know if individuals can do it.
    That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
    Ne Illegitimi Carborundum

You will have to go through a store for most of those places. BF does allow for individuals to purchase a barrel.

If you find a store willing to do it for you, you will need to narrow it down to which distillery and see what is available at the time.

Four Roses and Willett offer the most unique choices. With the others you will be buying a product that is within the brand of your choosing.

Right now is a very busy time for most distilleries because retailers are gearing up for the holiday season.

Enthusiast

Goo ... Keep us updated on your progress. I have also considered doing this for my family ...
    Sto lat!!!

bllygthrd

Advanced Taster

The barrel of OWA that Cork N' Bottle just got is outstanding! If I was going to do a barrel purchase, that would be my pick.

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by P&MLiquorsEric View Post
    You will have to go through a store for most of those places. BF does allow for individuals to purchase a barrel.

If you find a store willing to do it for you, you will need to narrow it down to which distillery and see what is available at the time.

Four Roses and Willett offer the most unique choices. With the others you will be buying a product that is within the brand of your choosing.

Right now is a very busy time for most distilleries because retailers are gearing up for the holiday season.
    Interesting that Willet offers some of the most unique private barrel selections as they are not yet offering anything that they have distilled (I know they have recently started distilling). Four Roses is definitely on the short list since I'm sure their options are the most diverse. Thanks

Disciple

Here's a thread in the "Group Barrel Purchases" section:

http://www.straightbourbon.com/forum...ction-Programs
    Jack
    GBS Member #3 (Sorry Dawn!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pieface
    I think i'm god but I'll get a confirmation and go from there

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by Jackinbox View Post
    The barrel of OWA that Cork N' Bottle just got is outstanding! If I was going to do a barrel purchase, that would be my pick.
    This is the kind of info I was hoping to find...I would never have even thought of OWA as a private barrel selection, thanks for the idea. Thinking about it...Rock Hill Farms, Blanton's, and Eagle Rare would be interesting. Just not sure if Buffalo Trace would offer a private selection of these. Of course I would LOVE it if we could select a barrel from Wild Turkey but I have heard they don't have a barrel program.

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by jcg9779 View Post
    Here's a thread in the "Group Barrel Purchases" section:

http://www.straightbourbon.com/forum...ction-Programs
    Ahhh...rookie mistake on my part. Tried to search but didn't find it. Thanks

Disciple

Bourbons by the barrel

Interesting that Willet offers some of the most unique private barrel selections as they are not yet offering anything that they have distilled (I know they have recently started distilling). Four Roses is definitely on the short list since I'm sure their options are the most diverse. Thanks
    That's exactly why they can offer unique things. They can bottle you a barrel from just about any distillery, at barrel proof.
    Jim