Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OGD 114 in PA

Advanced Taster

OGD 114 in PA

Good news: Just bought a few bottles of 114 for $17.99 each.
    Bad news: It's on closeout. Another great bourbon we won't be able to get here in "whiskey wasteland".

All my Keystone brothers need to go get some before it's gone.

http://www.lcbapps.lcb.state.pa.us/w...&submit=Search
    Rye whiskey makes the sun set faster.

Advanced Taster

Re: OGD 114 in PA

Quote Originally Posted by soad View Post
    Good news: Just bought a few bottles of 114 for $17.99 each.
    Bad news: It's on closeout. Another great bourbon we won't be able to get here in "whiskey wasteland".

All my Keystone brothers need to go get some before it's gone.

http://www.lcbapps.lcb.state.pa.us/w...&submit=Search
    Wow, that's awful news. Are you close enough that you can get to another state fairly easily when those bottles run out?

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by Jackinbox View Post
    Wow, that's awful news. Are you close enough that you can get to another state fairly easily when those bottles run out?

I'm about 6 hours from Cincinnati/Newport, which would be the closest. I get there every few years, the bottles I bought today will have to see me through.

OGD 114 in PA

They have closed out other items that have suddenly reappeared WSR was $12.99 for a while and is still stocked

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by michaelturtle1 View Post
    They have closed out other items that have suddenly reappeared WSR was $12.99 for a while and is still stocked
    Hmmm....didn't know that. I guess I shouldn't put anything past the PLCB.....

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by soad View Post
    I'm about 6 hours from Cincinnati/Newport, which would be the closest. I get there every few years, the bottles I bought today will have to see me through.
    Closer than Youngstown or Wheeling?

Connoisseur

I saw this a few weeks ago when it first went on closeout. I bought a few so I have an ample supply until I can get more. I spoke last weekend to the Beam rep. for PA and he said he was very disappointed when the PLCB told him they were going to drop it. He said he is going to push to have it added as a special order item so we can still get it. We'll see if the retards in Harrisburg can do it. Just privatize already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If you have anything Michter's or Pennco and would like to sell it or share it with me, please let me know.

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by ethangsmith View Post
    I saw this a few weeks ago when it first went on closeout. I bought a few so I have an ample supply until I can get more. I spoke last weekend to the Beam rep. for PA and he said he was very disappointed when the PLCB told him they were going to drop it. He said he is going to push to have it added as a special order item so we can still get it. We'll see if the retards in Harrisburg can do it. Just privatize already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    So i realize the control state thing varies from state to state, but is it really just some purchasing agent flipping a switch and saying no thanks? I would have to imagine demand had fallen to level where it wasn't as profitable as some other choice.

Trippah and Admin

I bought Rare Breed on closeout in PA a few years back and it is still listed. I expect the same for the 114.

I wish I knew what makes them tick in PA, though I do miss grabbing Lot B. in Erie a few times a year.
    My name is Joel Goodson. I deal in human fulfillment.
    I grossed over eight thousand dollars in one night. Time of your life, huh kid?

Advanced Taster

I buy OGD 114 in PA because I can't get it in Ohio. There are still 12 bottles in Mercer County - hope some is left on Saturday when I'm out that way again