Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OGD 114 in PA

Guru

Re: OGD 114 in PA

Just curious, what causes a control state to drop a specific whiskey? Is it based on volume? Is OGD 114 a good seller in PA?

Guru

I think it has more to do with phases of the Moon than anything as sensible as sales volume.

Connoisseur

Yes, folks, it's really that bad here in PA. The state will only carry a set number of SKU's and when they want to add something, they cut something. Anotherwords, when the state wants to add another flavored vodka, there's a good chance a whiskey is getting cut since vodka sales and better than whiskey sales. There is little rhyme or reason as to what they add or cut and they really don't care. I mean, where else are PA residents going to legally shop for their alcohol?
    Michter's Distillery, Inc. DSP-PA-17 Schaefferstown, PA.
    Until Wednesday Feb. 14th, 1990, Michter's was "The whiskey that warmed the revolution."

Guru

Hell, some of those political appointees don't even drink.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by ethangsmith View Post
    Yes, folks, it's really that bad here in PA. The state will only carry a set number of SKU's and when they want to add something, they cut something. Anotherwords, when the state wants to add another flavored vodka, there's a good chance a whiskey is getting cut since vodka sales and better than whiskey sales. There is little rhyme or reason as to what they add or cut and they really don't care. I mean, where else are PA residents going to legally shop for their alcohol?

Wow! I didn't know about the set number of sku's Ethan. That certainly offers a good explanation as to why the whiskey selection in this state is so abysmal. I hope a good privatization bill gets passed before Corbett's term is up, because I can see it being a long while before another push for privatization is made considering it has no bipartisan support.

Enthusiast

<shaking head> Can't believe you still have State Stores there! 44 years ago, when I was in high school, my parents were
    making the "run" to Maryland.

Enthusiast

Just passed through Maryland and PA - saw quite a bit of OGD 114 in Maryland if you are close enough to make a run to Maryland. Was actually impressed by several hole in the wall combination gas station/hotel/convenience/liquor stores in the middle of nowhere Maryland with very good bourbon selections.

Enthusiast

As long as the bonded is not off the shelves, I am cool with it. I am not too keen on the OGD114, anyway.

Guru

im just the opposite

Guru

I'm fine with bonded, or the 86 for that matter.