Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Connoisseur

Four Roses Fantasy

This may have been thought of before now but I am going to let it fly anyway.

I was sitting here thinking about rye whiskey and the thought struck me. Wouldn't it be great if FR made rye as well. Same yeasts and same recipes except the corn and rye would be switched. I just know how happy I have been with my FR purchases and got to day dreaming about how good they could make a rye. Oh well, probably just a pipe dream but a guy can dream can't he? :-)

Guru

Re: Four Roses Fantasy

Why not, they have in the past.

Enthusiast

I have had this same dream! I keep asking the guys at the gift shop about them producing a rye and they tell me Mr Rutledge wants to, be the powers that be won't let him. I guess we will have to dream, for now...

Virtuoso

Four Roses Fantasy

Quote Originally Posted by KySalesRep View Post
    I have had this same dream! I keep asking the guys at the gift shop about them producing a rye and they tell me Mr Rutledge wants to, be the powers that be won't let him. I guess we will have to dream, for now...
    I think his response to me when u asked him about a rye was, "not while I'm around"
    But the day will eventually come I'm sure
    "On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero"
    T. Durden

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by KySalesRep View Post
    I've heard something similar as well.
    Jack
    GBS Member #3 (Sorry Dawn!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pieface
    I think i'm god but I'll get a confirmation and go from there

Virtuoso

Unless its a pure increase and not taking away from current production, no thanks. Curious about the flavor profile, but not enough to risk what they have going on.

Connoisseur

I've wondered about them making a wheated bourbon.

Connoisseur

Four Roses Fantasy

Quote Originally Posted by theglobalguy View Post
    Unless its a pure increase and not taking away from current production, no thanks. Curious about the flavor profile, but not enough to risk what they have going on.
    Yes I definitely don't want the current production disrupted. There current stuff is too good to mess with. I'm just a shameless rye whore sometimes. ;-)

Enthusiast

I'm pretty confident that the folks running the place want to do a rye but are having trouble persuading their foreign owners that it is a good idea. In fact, wouldn't be surprised if there isn't some rye already lurking somewhere in one of their rickhouses.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyjd75 View Post
    I'm pretty confident that the folks running the place want to do a rye but are having trouble persuading their foreign owners that it is a good idea. In fact, wouldn't be surprised if there isn't some rye already lurking somewhere in one of their rickhouses.

We asked this question during our barrel selection. As the story goes, the answer given from japanese ownership was "our mission statement says we make bourbon whiskey, not rye whiskey"