Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Guru

Re: Cooper Spirits new 13yo Rye

Quote Originally Posted by joen View Post
    As for retail price, alas that is also more in the hands of our distributors and individual retailers (by law, suppliers can't set retail prices). But I would ballpark anywhere from $109 to 119. Please bear in mind that any waiting list or price gouging activity you may see in the marketplace does not benefit us in any way - once we've sold the product into our distributors, that's the only profit we'll ever see. It is our hope that this (and any integrity-driven product out there) is sold at a fair value.
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    That's a spicy meatball.
    Indeed. But I kind of expected it to be in the WP111 range based on age and proof so if I can find it I am going to suck it up and certainly give it a try.
    That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
    Ne Illegitimi Carborundum

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

Hello. My name is Someone...I'll buy it...
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

"Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

Guru

Well, there are NDPs who would charge twice that and still refuse to reveal any details about it, some would even try to pass it off as their own make.
    We're Bourbon Geeks, it's who we are, it's what we do.

Virtuoso

Yes, refreshing to see that kind of disclosure - likely an enthusiast purchase anyway, so be upfront about it if your source is willing.
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by sutton View Post
    Yes, refreshing to see that kind of disclosure - likely an enthusiast purchase anyway, so be upfront about it if your source is willing.
    Thank you sirs (and madams). We see a lot of dubious claims in the marketplace and we would never mislead the spirits community - the world is far too small and life is far too short to try and cut a fast buck that way. We love our products and we're in it for the long haul.

Connoisseur

If you ever send some to Hawaii let me know. God knows I love a high proof well aged rye.
    Peggy: Look Al, the rubes think I'm sexy!
    Al: So would I if I had whiskey for breakfast.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by joen View Post
    We love our products and we're in it for the long haul.
    So are we and fellow travelers are always welcome.
    We're Bourbon Geeks, it's who we are, it's what we do.

Disciple

Can't wait to try this. Sounds dangerous.....to my wallet.
    ~Robert BTOTY #2 2009

GBS Member - 2011 Indoctrination

It looks like this has shown up on PA's website as a special order 101 proof for $124.49..

Guru

The Lock, Stock and Barrel 13yo Rye has landed in Georgia. Picked it up for about $118 at a store that tends to be a few dollars higher than some.

Offered to crack it open in the store but the owner decided to get one for himself and offered to open his own instead. That may be because I had thought to bring a few bottles along for comparison. So we had a mini rye tasting with the new LSB 13yo against WhistlePig 10yo, Michters 10yo (thought to be an 18yo) and Van Winkle rye.

If there were a ready supply of either the Michter's or the VWFRR at the price I paid for each of them ($70-80) there wouldn't be much competition as those two were the better whiskey. But they aren't readily available and they are both a very different style of rye. The WP was a closer comparison and the LSB was easily the better of those two albeit for some $40-50 more.

The LSB was more complex with a lingering finish and plenty of rye spice without any mintyness but perhaps a touch of pine in a good way and maybe a bit of burnt spice on the finish, again in a good way (maybe the lack of filtering). The WP by comparison was softer and had less spice and depth.

Of course this wasn't a blind test which would be the ideal way to taste it. Can't seem to upload pictures as one of the many aspects of the boards current malady but the bottle is a very intensly dark color with a faceted type cut along the neck a bit like a baby saz bottle. Quite attractive.

The label is quite chatty but I noted that there was no mention of Canada to be found on anywhere on the label.
    That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
    Ne Illegitimi Carborundum