Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Enthusiast

Re: Cooper Spirits new 13yo Rye

I talked to a VP of Marketing at this years whiskey-fest and he seemed pretty open about where it came from. Also mentioned that there is no other 13-year old rye on the market except for VWFRR and that LS&B has enough stock to last into next year release. They do plan on selling a 15 year in the future...I said "Of course at a higher price" and all I got was smirk and a nod.

FWIW, the rye was good but not $125 good. I drank a lot of whiskey that day though.

Guru

So, no three Jefferson 10 stars then?
    We're Bourbon Geeks, it's who we are, it's what we do.

Disciple

Finishing up a bottle of Jeff10 and then I'm going to finish my last ever, unless they decide to be honest in who they are, WP.

Enthusiast

I splurged and bought a bottle (I know, I know...). Too much open on the bar right now - bottles are consuming my counter - but its on deck. I'll report back when I crack this sucker.
    Justin

Guru

I understand, occasionally sacrifices must made for the greater good, looking forward to your notes.

Hope you all enjoyed your turkey day... I think we're just about through the leftovers, an accomplishment in itself.

We've been getting some great write-ups recently on Lock Stock & Barrel, and I thought I'd share this one as it goes into quite a bit of detail on the product. Cheers!

http://www.findeatdrink.com/Index/Dr...ob_cooper.html

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by zillah View Post
    I talked to a VP of Marketing at this years whiskey-fest and he seemed pretty open about where it came from. Also mentioned that there is no other 13-year old rye on the market except for VWFRR and that LS&B has enough stock to last into next year release. They do plan on selling a 15 year in the future...I said "Of course at a higher price" and all I got was smirk and a nod.

FWIW, the rye was good but not $125 good. I drank a lot of whiskey that day though.
    Quote Originally Posted by joen View Post
    Hope you all enjoyed your turkey day... I think we're just about through the leftovers, an accomplishment in itself.

We've been getting some great write-ups recently on Lock Stock & Barrel, and I thought I'd share this one as it goes into quite a bit of detail on the product. Cheers!

http://www.findeatdrink.com/Index/Dr...ob_cooper.html
    Well, if there was ever even the slightest doubt about where LS&B comes from it would seem the post Joen has provided should completely erase that! The honesty is always appreciated.

Even older whiskey sounds intriguing. Just wish the price point was more congenial.

And if the price point is going to be what it is I wouldn't mind getting a barrel proof flavor bomb this time like the new top pig released by the fabulists in Vermont. I am still OK adding my own water as needed.
    That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
    Ne Illegitimi Carborundum

Connoisseur

A revisionist history in the findeatdrink article. In 2006 and 2007, WTR101 was readily available, not just OO and Ritt.

Advanced Taster

Lock Stock & Barrel 13 Yr Old Rye

Ok Gys. Anyone have an opinion of this Rye.. Lock Stock & Barrel 13 Yr Straight Rye.. Today one of the stores I frequent called and mentioned they had a few bottles of this.. It was Expensive.. I am not so much against paying for a Premium Bottle.. Just is I have no real info on this one.. Appreciate any thoughts and etc.. Thanks. Creggor

Guru

Re: Lock Stock & Barrel 13 Yr Old Rye

I would put that one in the really expensive category.