Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Advanced Taster

New from Decatur, GA

Hello all, I wanted to introduce myself. I have been bitten by the Bourbon bug within the last two years. I have already taken one trip to KY for the Bourbon tour and already can't wait til my next trip in Kentucky. I see a lot of folks on these forums from Atlanta and I'm glad to see the great city well represented. I am currently working on building up my "bunker" as many of you call it. I'm always on the lookout for higher end stuff. Not just the BTAC but other stuff like Woodford Reserve Masters Collection and Jeffersons 17,18,21 etc. I have found a few good stores in Atlanta but am always on the lookout for new ones. Looking forward to learning a lot on these forums.

Guru

Re: New from Decatur, GA

Welcome aboard.
    I'm sure you'll be hearing from some of the Georgia Bourbon Society members, they're good folks.
    ovh

Guru

Welcome home! It's a good place to be.

Disciple

Welcome from NWGA, this is a great place to be!

Connoisseur

Welcome Renegator, Don't ignore some of the decent value pours out there. This isn't Scotch. One of the beauties of Bourbon is that you don't have to spend a lot to taste some real quality whiskey.

Disciple

Welcome, and I'll second PaulO's sentiments. While the $80+ bottles are excellent and have a place in a bunker, $40 gets you an outstanding pour and $20 gets you a great value.

Virtuoso

New from Decatur, GA

Welcome renegator! Hopefully your handle is not a veiled reference to the Florida gators....
    So glad to have you! BTW you are officially the last person in Georgia allowed to become a bourbon fan. There's wayyy to many of us and not enough supply. So congrats, you're in!
    Now Smokinjoe bar the doors
    "On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero"
    T. Durden

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Restaurant man View Post
    Welcome renegator! Hopefully your handle is not a veiled reference to the Florida gators....
    So glad to have you! BTW you are officially the last person in Georgia allowed to become a bourbon fan. There's wayyy to many of us and not enough supply. So congrats, you're in!
    Now Smokinjoe bar the doors
    And then light the doors up with a blast of Bourbon Supreme!

Welcome to the board! Starting to get a few more of us here on the east side of town.
    That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
    Ne Illegitimi Carborundum

Quote Originally Posted by tanstaafl2 View Post
    And then light the doors up with a blast of Bourbon Supreme!

Welcome to the board! Starting to get a few more of us here on the east side of town.
    Welcome, renegator! East side is the best side.

If the gates don't keep them away the smell of flaming Bourbon Supreme surely will...

Advanced Taster

Thanks guys. I'm glad to be here. Don't get me wrong - I enjoy the value poor quite often as well. Just grabbed a bottle of Weller 12 last week.