Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.

Hello from Kennesaw, GA!

Sorry to keep flooding the Atlanta area, but here I am!

I started by getting really into vintage cocktails and was always gravitating toward rye and bourbon based ones. And of course that led me into Rye and Bourbon. I would't call myself experienced at all, as my interest has only been growing over the past year. Ive found myself leaning towards rye and heavier rye bourbons but have enjoyed some wheaters as well. Lately I have been enjoying Rittenhouse BIB, especially for my cocktails, Maker's 46 and WT101. I try to not get caught up in all the hype, especially surrounding Pappy and BTAC, but the hunt is fun. I got lucky found a bottle of ECBP this week that I am excited to try soon! Look forward to learning more and trying a lot of whisky and have been enjoying the forum for a while! Was also hoping to get some more info on the Georgia Bourbon Society if anyone knows anything.

Guru

Re: Hello from Kennesaw, GA!

Welcome aboard dono, I expect you will hear from the Georgia contingent soon.

Guru

Welcome aboard! I am a relatively new member of the GBS, having only recently "met the goat" as it were...

We try to stay pretty active so keep an eye on the Bourbon Social thread for updates.
    That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
    Ne Illegitimi Carborundum

Disciple

Welcome. GA membership is on serious upturn

Advanced Taster

Welcome!. New GA member myself. Good to know our contingent is growing!

Guru

Welcome from Marietta! Wow - Atlanta area IS being swarmed . . . we're gonna need a bigger boat And if you're finding ECBP this week . . . I need to get my ass out to the stores after work tomorrow!
    Gary
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    "Too much of anything is bad, but too much of good whiskey is barely enough." - Mark Twain
    "Because Whiskey Matters!" - David Perkins

Virtuoso

Good Day and welcome from one of the Michigan folk.

Best regards, Tony

Advanced Taster

Welcome. I am a new member as well but have thoroughly enjoyed the hospitality and knowledge that lives here.

Connoisseur

Welcome. Hope to see all the noobs at the next GBS gathering. Gary's right, we may need to find bigger digs!

Connoisseur

Welcome to the board. Now that you're an official 'poster'; I look forward to your offerings.
    I'm a Michigan guy, but my baby boy lives in Marietta, and is a GBS member. I know a bit about 'em, and have met several members; and can say without fear of contradiction; "Be careful around that damned goat"... and you'll be fine.
    Seriously, they are a very easy-going and welcoming group that you'd do well to pursue. Have FUN!!! That's what it's all about.