Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Enthusiast

Re: BOTM 8/13: Elmer T. Lee Single Barrel

Chuckles, I don't think that is an erroneous description of the stock ETL. It is smooth, sometimes bordering on too smooth. It is delicious, and very pleasing, but sometimes a bit "flat". There is some barrel variation, but I don't think there is too much difference between the standard ETL bottles out there.

That is why I bought a few bottles of a store bottling by me. I have a standard ETL bottle around that I should open to compare, but when I tasted the store bottling, it struck me as a decent amount more flavorful and complex than what I recalled of the last standard ETL that I had open. I would hope that both BT and the store selectors do make an attempt to pick out some exceptional barrels for their barrel selects.

Either way, it is darn good bourbon for under $30, and quite good when you get an excellent barrel.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by WsmataU View Post
    Somehow I missed this thread. Can you redirect those of us interested? I'm still kicking myself for passing on the ETL15 that was offerred a few years back.
    http://www.straightbourbon.com/forum...rrel-Purchases

You can start a new thread, but I wouldn't set high expectations (not that folks don't love picking barrels, but logistics/planning can be intense - and with folks from all over the world, it is even more challenging)
    Gary
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    "Too much of anything is bad, but too much of good whiskey is barely enough." - Mark Twain
    "Because Whiskey Matters!" - David Perkins

Virtuoso

I just opened my standard single barrel bottle tonight and am already on the second pour. Wonderful bourbon, very balanced and smooth. This gem does not need any air time to work the kinks out and is so too easibly drinkable... which is dangerous territory at its current price point. A fine pour by any standard!

Taster

I really like Elmer T. Lee. It's a good solid balanced bourbon, and has a nice sweetness that many other don't have. I've had both the standard bottling and a barrel pick, and they were both good.