Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
    Guru

Aussie whisky in the US

Saw this recently in a local store and was intrigued.

Lark Single Cask whisky. Relatively low proof at 43% and looks to be small cask aged (about 25 gallons/100 liters?), smaller than a standard barrel. Port finish which is interesting. Probably relatively young as well but no indication of age I could find on the bottle. Link suggests "up to 8 years". But the biggest downside is the price at about $150. I like getting unusual bottles but at this price it would be nice to know this at least has a chance to be decent!

Has anybody tried or even seen this in the States?
    That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
    Ne Illegitimi Carborundum

Moderator and Bourbonian Of The Year 2014

Re: Aussie whisky in the US

Lark has been getting fairly good reviews here in Australia for what it is - a craft distillery producing small batches of scotch style whiskey. I don't drink Scotch so can't comment from personal taste, but you might find some more information here: www.larkdistillery.com.au

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by camduncan View Post
    Lark has been getting fairly good reviews here in Australia for what it is - a craft distillery producing small batches of scotch style whiskey. I don't drink Scotch so can't comment from personal taste, but you might find some more information here: www.larkdistillery.com.au
    Thanks Cam! Sounds interesting although the website didn't mention this port finished bottle so perhaps it is specifically for export. Still hoping I can get some insight from someone who has had a chance to try it.
    That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

Moderator and Bourbonian Of The Year 2014

I'm pretty sure Jim Murray reviewed some Lark products in one of his recent Whiskey Bibles, but I don't know if this particular bottle was included. Might be worth a look though.

Guru

I will see what I can find.

Enthusiast

If you can find it Sullivan's Cove Double Cask is really very tasty. Well worth seeking out. I served it a World Whiskies tasting it tied for everyone's favorite malt.