Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Connoisseur

Grilled peach infused bourbon

I read about this on the Internet and tried it. Grill a peach and drop the slices in a jar of bourbon for three days. Remove slices and chill. Mighty fine.

What infusions have you tried?

Connoisseur

That sounds pretty good. I bet it would make a great old fashioned or manhattan. It is not bourbon, but I infused jalapeņos in Tequila (should not be a bottom shelf brand) for 36 hours. I then made margaritas with it. Fantastic!! Margarita recipe:

- Tequila infused with Jalapeņos - 2 0Zs
    - Whole lime
    - Agave nectar 2 ozs

Mike

Connoisseur

Re: Grilled peach infused bourbon

Quote Originally Posted by Ejmharris View Post
    That sounds pretty good. I bet it would make a great old fashioned or manhattan. It is not bourbon, but I infused jalapeņos in Tequila (should not be a bottom shelf brand) for 36 hours. I then made margaritas with it. Fantastic!! Margarita recipe:

- Tequila infused with Jalapeņos - 2 0Zs
    - Whole lime
    - Agave nectar 2 ozs

Mike
    I learned to do that at Booger Reds in Ft. Worth, TX. They called them Anita-ritas after the owner's wife or some such story and now it is the only way I like Margaritas. I keep a bottle of infused Tequila all the time.

Also the peach-infused bourbon is nice straight after being chilled.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    I learned to do that at Booger Reds in Ft. Worth, TX. They called them Anita-ritas after the owner's wife or some such story and now it is the only way I like Margaritas. I keep a bottle of infused Tequila all the time.

Also the peach-infused bourbon is nice straight after being chilled.
    It is funny you mention that it is the only way you drink them now, my wife and neighbor keep pestering me because that is the only way yet will drink them now as well. I am getting more tequila tonight to do it again. This time it will be a handle. Do you refrigerate the tequila after infused? I read a recipe that said it was required to do so. Seems like the alcohol content is high enough to keep it sterile.

Mike

Guru

I've done bananas, bacon (too salty for my taste), peanut/peanut butter, and cacoa nibs (bitter, dark chocolate). So far, the peanut/peanut butter has been my favorite. Throw in a bit of the chocolate stuff - and you've got liquid Snickers
    Gary
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    "Too much of anything is bad, but too much of good whiskey is barely enough." - Mark Twain
    "Because Whiskey Matters!" - David Perkins

Connoisseur

Not with bourbon but I have done a strawberry infused rum. Everyone that tried it loved it. Can give a detailed recipe if anyone wants it.
    Peggy: Look Al, the rubes think I'm sexy!
    Al: So would I if I had whiskey for breakfast.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Ejmharris View Post
    It is funny you mention that it is the only way you drink them now, my wife and neighbor keep pestering me because that is the only way yet will drink them now as well. I am getting more tequila tonight to do it again. This time it will be a handle. Do you refrigerate the tequila after infused? I read a recipe that said it was required to do so. Seems like the alcohol content is high enough to keep it sterile.

Mike
    I have always left it out and kept it for up to a year with no problems. Even my next door neighbor who goes to Mexico about once a month and brings me back some fantastic tequilas has become a fan. I currently use Agavales which is very cheap for a 100% agave and it works well.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by oke&coke View Post
    Not with bourbon but I have done a strawberry infused rum. Everyone that tried it loved it. Can give a detailed recipe if anyone wants it.
    \
    I'd love to know the recipe.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by darylld911 View Post
    I've done bananas, bacon (too salty for my taste), peanut/peanut butter, and cacoa nibs (bitter, dark chocolate). So far, the peanut/peanut butter has been my favorite. Throw in a bit of the chocolate stuff - and you've got liquid Snickers
    OMG. I have many new things to try. I tried bacon grease once but it didn't turn out to well but I may have done something wrong. I'm going for bananas next. Did you just drop globs of peanut butter in some bourbon?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    OMG. I have many new things to try. I tried bacon grease once but it didn't turn out to well but I may have done something wrong. I'm going for bananas next. Did you just drop globs of peanut butter in some bourbon?
    No, I took some dry roasted, unsalted peanuts and sauteed them gently until they were just golden brown (and releasing some of their oils). I dumped them in a jar, along with a glob of peanut butter, then filled it with OFS. Took about a week before it was good to go - strained through a mesh strainer, than a coffee filter. Per the internet, it should keep for several months (although mine won't have that problem!)

With bananas, less is more. I used most of a banana in a jar, and it was TOO banana-y. I kept diluting it with GTS trying to over-power the banana (it was originally stepped in EWBL).
    Gary
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    "Too much of anything is bad, but too much of good whiskey is barely enough." - Mark Twain
    "Because Whiskey Matters!" - David Perkins