Quote Originally Posted by T Comp View Post
... And I just had another encounter this weekend, Templeton drinkers cannot be convinced in any way, shape or form that it is made in any other place than Iowa.
Quote Originally Posted by wadewood View Post
I have experienced the same reaction from Templeton followers; it's almost cult like.
Quote Originally Posted by squire View Post
I know a college professor in Iowa who is a big Templeton fan and when I gave him the correct internet references he refused to look them up. Some beliefs are beyond challenge.
Quote Originally Posted by whiskeyagonzo View Post
I am batting .500 on the Templeton source conversion if you will. One was upset at being lied to the other would not listen no matter how much information I threw at them. Squire reminded me of Cool Hand Luke. Ole Boss Keen said, “There's some men you just can't reach.” Oh well. I tried.
Quote Originally Posted by rcb4d View Post
Thank goodness, I'm relieved to know it's not just me dealing with the Cult of Templeton followers. I engaged one in discussion for a while, as he asserted that someone should sue them if they are lying. I pointed him to a thread about NDPs here, and one from Chuck's blog, but he still wasn't entirely convinced. I think we left it at me telling him that since he was in Iowa, he should just go to the distillery and start asking questions.
I think in the future we may have to just focus on getting them to drink Kool-Aid instead .