Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Mr. Anal Retentive Bourbon Drinker

Re: It seems to me that...

Quote Originally Posted by T Comp View Post
    Good point on the fake distilleries from the majors and overall effect that has. And I just had another encounter this weekend, Templeton drinkers cannot be convinced in any way, shape or form that it is made in any other place than Iowa.
    I have experienced the same reaction from Templeton followers; it's almost cult like.

Disciple

It's because they read it on the internet and if it's on the internet it must be true.

Guru

I know a college professor in Iowa who is a big Templeton fan and when I gave him the correct internet references he refused to look them up. Some beliefs are beyond challenge.
    We're Bourbon Geeks, it's who we are, it's what we do.

Connoisseur

It seems to me that...

Quote Originally Posted by squire View Post
    I know a college professor in Iowa who is a big Templeton fan and when I gave him the correct internet references he refused to look them up. Some beliefs are beyond challenge.
    I am batting .500 on the Templeton source conversion if you will. One was upset at being lied to the other would not listen no matter how much information I threw at them. Squire reminded me of Cool Hand Luke. Ole Boss Keen said, “There's some men you just can't reach.” Oh well. I tried.

Quote Originally Posted by whiskeyagonzo View Post
    I am batting .500 on the Templeton source conversion if you will. One was upset at being lied to the other would not listen no matter how much information I threw at them. Squire reminded me of Cool Hand Luke. Ole Boss Keen said, “There's some men you just can't reach.” Oh well. I tried.
    Nice one Jarrod. Kinda reminds me of another great line from Cool Hand Luke.... Strother Martin to Paul Newman. "What we've got here, is failure to communicate."
    " I never met a Weller I didn't like"

Connoisseur

It seems to me that...

I apologize for a bit of a drift here but Cool Hand Luke is one of my all time favorite movies. As kid growing up, not matter what else was on TV if Cool Hand Luke came on my Dad & I would sit down and watch it together. Just a classic. Great, great movie.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by TunnelTiger View Post
    It's because they read it on the internet and if it's on the internet it must be true.
    Hey - wasn't that a quote from Abraham Lincoln?

Oh no, it went like this:
    Lincoln-Internet-Quotes.jpg
    Gary
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    "Too much of anything is bad, but too much of good whiskey is barely enough." - Mark Twain
    "Because Whiskey Matters!" - David Perkins

Connoisseur

I heard that guy hiding in Russia has a file that tells the true sources of all the NDP bourbons and ryes.

Guru

Yeah, somewhere thereabouts, he's a blogger but I can't read Cyrillic.
    We're Bourbon Geeks, it's who we are, it's what we do.

Apprentice

Thank goodness, I'm relieved to know it's not just me dealing with the Cult of Templeton followers. I engaged one in discussion for a while, as he asserted that someone should sue them if they are lying. I pointed him to a thread about NDPs here, and one from Chuck's blog, but he still wasn't entirely convinced. I think we left it at me telling him that since he was in Iowa, he should just go to the distillery and start asking questions.