Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Flasks

Hybrid View

Enthusiast

Flasks

Most of the threads on this are quite old, so would appreciate your help on the above.
    For some reason, I'm guessing that you "flask" guys have multiple ones, either because
    of different uses and/or because something was "wrong" with the one you were using, so
    you threw it in the drawer and replaced it.
    So, anything I should look for, or avoid, in my shopping?

Connoisseur

Re: Flasks

I am no expert. Most of my flask use is limited to cheapo plastic travels flasks as I would hate to have a nice flask confiscated at a game or concert. That being said, I do have 2 Stanley flasks that look like an old green Stanley thermos, and I love them.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by clingman71 View Post
    I am no expert. Most of my flask use is limited to cheapo plastic travels flasks as I would hate to have a nice flask confiscated at a game or concert. That being said, I do have 2 Stanley flasks that look like an old green Stanley thermos, and I love them.
    This is the one I have and I am pleased with it.
    There are two ways of getting home; and one of them is to stay there. - GK Chesterton

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by clingman71 View Post
    I also have a Stanley flask, it's cool old school.

It is no secret that I love that elixir of the gods, bourbon.

It is small, but I like my Unger Brothers flask.
    506.jpg

Guru
    The random 200ml glass bottles work well too. That said, I've got an assortment of stainless steel flasks from bourbon/whisky festivals that I don't really use. I also have the Stanley flask & a Snowpeak Titanium flask that I often use when on the trails.
    ¡Geaux Tigers! - ¡Visca el Barça!

"Really though, my hands are sore. The tool was doing it's thing with a flex hose." -Barrel_Proof

Enthusiast

Pardon my ignorance, but is the inside of ALL flasks glass, and then it boils down to looks? I'm sure it's not that easy..........

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherCigarGuy View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, but is the inside of ALL flasks glass, and then it boils down to looks? I'm sure it's not that easy..........
    I think you want stainless steel on the inside of a metal flask. If it is plastic then it is going to be plastic on the inside. Some claim to be BPA free plastic material.
    That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
    Ne Illegitimi Carborundum

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by tanstaafl2 View Post
    I think you want stainless steel on the inside of a metal flask. If it is plastic then it is going to be plastic on the inside. Some claim to be BPA free plastic material.
    Yeah. Would want stainless steel rather then plastic, but, think would want glass instead of stainless steel?
    I'm guessing that if I can figure out, then avoid, the "made in China" crap, the sealing material they use on the stainless steel
    that will be touching the precious nectar should be ok?

Enthusiast

I have a few stainless steel flasks. All seem to provide a good seal. The first thing I learned was that I needed a funnel to fill the flask.