Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Flasks

Guru

Re: Flasks

i reuse 200ml bottles of whatever i have bought in that size lately to try for the first time. currently, i reuse an OGD BIB 200ml and a WT101 200ml bottle. i am cheap, plus i dont have to worry about losing a nice flask if they catch me with it at the karaoke bar, concert, etc....

Enthusiast

I have a larger plastic REI version, some smaller stainless steel ones and also use smaller recycled glass bottles. All depends on the use/function.

Went to a concert recently, decided to take a nip with me, pulled a flask out of the cupboard. It was half full, but I don't know exactly what was in it (undoubtedly nothing top shelf). Not being too picky, I just topped it off with a 50/50 WSR/Bulleit blend I had experimented with. Later, when sampling, I thought it was quite tasty. An initial burn followed by a creamy deliciousness. I wish I could replicate it in a new blend, but I have no idea what the third ingredient may be.

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Santana View Post
    I have a larger plastic REI version, some smaller stainless steel ones and also use smaller recycled glass bottles. All depends on the use/function.

Went to a concert recently, decided to take a nip with me, pulled a flask out of the cupboard. It was half full, but I don't know exactly what was in it (undoubtedly nothing top shelf). Not being too picky, I just topped it off with a 50/50 WSR/Bulleit blend I had experimented with. Later, when sampling, I thought it was quite tasty. An initial burn followed by a creamy deliciousness. I wish I could replicate it in a new blend, but I have no idea what the third ingredient may be.
    Serendipity, at it's finest!
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

"Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by clingman71 View Post
    I am no expert. Most of my flask use is limited to cheapo plastic travels flasks as I would hate to have a nice flask confiscated at a game or concert. That being said, I do have 2 Stanley flasks that look like an old green Stanley thermos, and I love them.
    This is the one I have and I am pleased with it.
    There are two ways of getting home; and one of them is to stay there. - GK Chesterton

Connoisseur

I use a military grade flask made from a collaboration between Oakley and the Macallan. It's the only one I found that can handle the rigors of my lifestyle.

Guru

Flasks

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Manthey View Post
    I use a military grade flask made from a collaboration between Oakley and the Macallan. It's the only one I found that can handle the rigors of my lifestyle.
    504 Baller represent!
    ¡Geaux Tigers! - ¡Visca el Barça!

"Really though, my hands are sore. The tool was doing it's thing with a flex hose." -Barrel_Proof

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by ChainWhip View Post
    Baller represent!
    Kidding. of course, but I did see one set for sale for $1200 in a local purveyor's jewel case.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Manthey View Post
    Kidding. of course, but I did see one set for sale for $1200 in a local purveyor's jewel case.
    Figured you were kidding but that is a ridiculous price for a flask!
    ¡Geaux Tigers! - ¡Visca el Barça!

"Really though, my hands are sore. The tool was doing it's thing with a flex hose." -Barrel_Proof

Connoisseur

Question to Smokinjoe:
    What the hell is 'Serendipity'? Who makes it? (I looked it up on several sites and nobody has such a brand listed.)
    Is it a Wheater? a Rye-Bourbon? or a Straight Rye?

Enthusiast

I believe he was referring to the serendipity (a happy accident) of my creation of a delicious blend, one I unfortunately do not know how to re-create. You know, when you stumble onto some pleasant surprise, it is a serendipitous event. Although I kind of like "Serendipity" for the name of a bourbon. Better than "Forgiven" or "B&E". New, from Santana Distilleries, Serendipity. A nice nose, strong caramel mid-palate, yielding to a slight cinnamon burn. A long finish. A solid bargain at $8 a flask.