Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Taster

Re: Austin/Texas SBers -- Twin Liquors doing their "dollar sale" again

Well, it was a successful trip. I bought some good scotches (best was a G&M bottling of Old Pulteney 21) but the coolest thing was I got a bottle of WT Tradition for $70. I spotted it off to the side (off the shelf) and asked the guys if it was being held for someone. It didn't have a name on it so it was mine. I've passed on it at ~$120 but at $70 it's a steal. Also picked up a bottle Hancock's Pres for $40 and a store pick FRSB for $28. Good haul.

Taster

Quote Originally Posted by ATXWhiskey View Post
    Well, it was a successful trip. I bought some good scotches (best was a G&M bottling of Old Pulteney 21) but the coolest thing was I got a bottle of WT Tradition for $70. I spotted it off to the side (off the shelf) and asked the guys if it was being held for someone. It didn't have a name on it so it was mine. I've passed on it at ~$120 but at $70 it's a steal. Also picked up a bottle Hancock's Pres for $40 and a store pick FRSB for $28. Good haul.
    Let me add my endorsement of this current Twin Liquors barrel pick of FRSB. Awesome stuff. I'm going to go back and buy another or three.

Mr. Anal Retentive Bourbon Drinker

I'm in Bryan/College Station and just saw a TWIN commercial on TV on this sale. They have a location here, which was news to me, that I will be visiting tomorrow.

Taster

Quote Originally Posted by Kpiz View Post
    Thanks, ATX. Fingers Crossed.
    Quote Originally Posted by wadewood View Post
    I'm in Bryan/College Station and just saw a TWIN commercial on TV on this sale. They have a location here, which was news to me, that I will be visiting tomorrow.
    I think they're expanding around the state. Seems like they're competing with Spec's in the areas outside of Houston.

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by Balcones Winston View Post
    Have you had their private barrel? I thought it was really really good. I've probably drank 5-6 bottles of it.
    I haven't. I'll have to give it a shot.

I picked up an Ardbeg Alligator for $64.

And another bottle of Fernet Branca.

Apprentice

Thanks for the heads up. I was in college station and hit the store there. Bourbon was hit pretty hard by the time I got there. I did get some Rare Breed at around 30 and picked up some EL Tesoro tequila, germain robin brandy and several Irish at very good prices. The guy I spoke to indicated they do this a couple times a year after inventory with the next time probably in Feb.

Mr. Anal Retentive Bourbon Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by alr3111 View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. I was in college station and hit the store there. Bourbon was hit pretty hard by the time I got there. I did get some Rare Breed at around 30 and picked up some EL Tesoro tequila, germain robin brandy and several Irish at very good prices. The guy I spoke to indicated they do this a couple times a year after inventory with the next time probably in Feb.
    We went Friday night at 8.30pm. It was packed and stuff was flying off he shelf. I bought some everyday drinking bourbon at great prices and also snagged 2 bottle of 4R 2011 SB LE.

Taster

Quote Originally Posted by wadewood View Post
    We went Friday night at 8.30pm. It was packed and stuff was flying off he shelf. I bought some everyday drinking bourbon at great prices and also snagged 2 bottle of 4R 2011 SB LE.
    Wow. I guess I needed to make a trip to the Twins in College Station. I would have loved a bottle of FRSBLE at any price, much less at a discount.

Apprentice

I originally passed on the LE because I have a poisen girl private which is barrel proof. Went back on Saturday and noticed they were gone. Glad they found a good home. Making a trip to 4roses in about a month and will see what the bourbon festival folks left for me

Guru

PG has PB 4R and sells bottles?
    Insert TheNovaMan's signature here (___________)