With Jim's permission, I am going to take time here to tell you about my latest project. I have a new position at the Filson Historical Society as their official 'Bourbon Historian". Part of my job is to use Bourbon related events to get the word out about the filson and raise a few funds while doing so. I have been doing an 8 hour course called the "Filson Bourbon Academy" since 2009 and now I am going to be taking the class on the road to other cities. I will be at the Columbia Yacht Club in Chicago on September 24 and the Century Bar in Dayton, Ohio on October 19. In November I am doing an Academy at the Filson on November 2 and at the Miller House in Owensboro, Ky. on the 23rd. Here is a link to the Filson website for anyone interested in finding out more information about these classes: http://filsonhistorical.org/the-filson-bourbon-academy/

I am looking to add St. Louis and Washington D.C. to the list by the end of the year. Next year I am talking to people and plan on going to New York, Lexington, Northern Kentucky, Seattle, Grand Rapids and indianapolis as well. If you would like to see me bring the class to your city, please contact me and we can talk.

Mike Veach