Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Connoisseur

Re: Filson Bourbon Academy

This is such a great event and must for any enthusiast. I don't care how much you think you know, you will still get a lot from this event and Mr Veach's book.
    Bourbon only requires a glass.

Connoisseur

The Chicago Academy was a great time and thanks to all who attended. Next in line is Filson Bourbon Academy in Dayton, Ohio at the Century Bar on October 19. If you live near Dayton and are interested in Attending, here is the link to register: http://filsonhistorical.org/event/th...y-dayton-ohio/

Mike Veach

Connoisseur

The Dayton class went well and I had a great time. Thanks to all that came. I am doing the class in St. Louis on November 9th for any who are interested. Here is the link to the Filson website and registration: https://www.eventbrite.com/event/8247184551

Mike Veach

Connoisseur

I am doing a Filson Bourbon Academy in Washington DC at Jack Rose Dining Saloon on December 14. If you live in the area and are interested, hhttp://filsonhistorical.org/event/filson-bourbon-academy-washington-d-c/ere is a link to register:

Mike Veach

Connoisseur

I had a great time in St.Louis at Gamlin Whiskey House on Saturday teaching the Filson Bourbon Academy. A great place to eat with a good bourbon bar, so please check it out if you are in St. Louis.

Mike Veach

Connoisseur

I had a great time in Washington D.C. doing the class at Jack Rose. Thanks to those that attended. I hope you had as good of a time as I did.
    Mike Veach

Guru

Nice mention of Mike Veach and the Bourbon Academy in the latest Imbibe (Jan/Feb edition) on page 41 as one of the people to watch in 2014 (as if we didn't already know that!).

So when are you bringing the class to Atlanta???

That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
    Ne Illegitimi Carborundum

Connoisseur

tanstaafl2, I am working with Doc Lawrence, a local of Atlanta and a spirits writer to find a venue. I am hoping to be down there in April or so.
    Mike Veach

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bourbonv View Post
    tanstaafl2, I am working with Doc Lawrence, a local of Atlanta and a spirits writer to find a venue. I am hoping to be down there in April or so.
    Mike Veach
    Great! I look forward to it. Is there a link that lists your calendar of events?
    That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
    Ne Illegitimi Carborundum

Connoisseur

I am still working on arranging Academies for next year. Right now I have one planned in Covington on January 25 at the Old Kentucky Bourbon Bar, February 2 at the Brooklyn Kitchen in Brooklyn and on March 1 at the Filson. You can go to the Filson website and look under events/Bourbon Academy to see the list as they are scheduled.
    Mike Veach