Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Enthusiast

Re: So my brother-in-law drinks moonshine ....

Quote Originally Posted by MyOldKyDram View Post
    Got a SB buddy w access to some damned fine sorghum based moonshine. Think we talked him into bringing it to the KBF. It's really nice stuff.
    Going to pick it up today! Yes, it will be at the Gazebo for any and all to try. Btw, the sorghum is pretty good too!

Virtuoso

Man, that sorghum shine is sweet!

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by KySalesRep View Post
    Going to pick it up today! Yes, it will be at the Gazebo for any and all to try. Btw, the sorghum is pretty good too!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
    Man, that sorghum shine is sweet!
    I know I'm really looking forward to this as well,something this unique really intrigues me.
    "To deny our own impulses is to deny the very thing that makes us human."
    Larry Wachowski

Connoisseur

With autumn in the air I made a couple of runs of apple pie today. This allowed me to "liberate" a few quarts of corn liquor from my basement bunker and run a test "batch" that had been on my mind of late. I'd been thinking about adding a straight bourbon to the "white lighting/apple pie" blend, soooooooooooo...I added a bottle of OHH BIB to one of the canning/bottling runs. As most realize, the typical bottle/jar of apple pie that is acquired privately is made from pure grain alcohol. Mostly due to availability, as most folks don't have access to the local stillmeister. Thankfully, I still have access to the true corn liquor via my E TN and Eastern KY bloodlines (and the clan I married into). Nevertheless I have digressed off course and have to say, I'm pretty darn happy with the outcome here today. The mandatory quality control sampling provided that the bourbon did not take away/and or overwhelm from the corny nose at all and the true corn flavor is still there on the taste and finish. The bourbon just adds more character and several layers of flavor (that the typical moonshine and/or flavored neutral spirit drink just doesn't have). I'm going to let these jars sit quietly for a few weeks while the juices marry up really well and...I think my friends will be pleasantly surprised.
    Last edited by Paddy; 09-21-2013 at 18:10.