Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Advanced Taster

Re: Bourbon infusion?

I am thinking of doing a series of small batch infusions in the near future. As we all know some bourbon's have very distinctive tastes and profiles that could be paired really well with targeted ingredients for great infusions. I do not want to spend that kind of time right now.

What I am looking for is a decent, non-distinct flavor, well rounded and affordable bourbon to use in a series 375 ml infusions. Right now I am think MM, EW Black or BT. Anyone have any thoughts/suggestions? Thank you in advance.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by rndenks View Post
    I am thinking of doing a series of small batch infusions in the near future. As we all know some bourbon's have very distinctive tastes and profiles that could be paired really well with targeted ingredients for great infusions. I do not want to spend that kind of time right now.

What I am looking for is a decent, non-distinct flavor, well rounded and affordable bourbon to use in a series 375 ml infusions. Right now I am think MM, EW Black or BT. Anyone have any thoughts/suggestions? Thank you in advance.
    I would use EW Black because I think it is well rounded, well made, and very cost effective. Depending upon what you are infusing, I've sometimes used higher proof pours - but still things that don't break the bank (OGD BIB I find to be good for this as well; sometimes I'll use OGD 114). Typically if the flavor of what is being infused will be strong, I'll go with a higher proof so it doesn't over-power it (although that is probably just the lie I tell myself to use higher proof stuff; I should likely just use LESS of what I'm infusing with, and steep it for less time , but that doesn't feel as fun!)
    Gary
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    "Too much of anything is bad, but too much of good whiskey is barely enough." - Mark Twain
    "Because Whiskey Matters!" - David Perkins

Guru

Evan Williams Black label is my first choice as well. It should add Bourbon character without being covered up by the other components.
    We're Bourbon Geeks, it's who we are, it's what we do.