Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Enthusiast

Re: Just joined - from Madison, Wisconsin

Vosgar, slack will definitely be cut if you're a Packers fan. I have friends who are Bears fans, but that's only because they have enough other redeeming qualities I can overlook that flaw in their character.

How would I know about a Binny's get together? I don't make it to Chicago often, but always enjoy the trip when I do make it down there.

Guru

Welcome Tony! This is a great place to interact with fellow bourbon enthusiasts
    Gary
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    "Too much of anything is bad, but too much of good whiskey is barely enough." - Mark Twain
    "Because Whiskey Matters!" - David Perkins

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Santana View Post

How would I know about a Binny's get together? I don't make it to Chicago often, but always enjoy the trip when I do make it down there.
    Tony welcome to the site from another pillager of the cheap prices that Wisconsin has to offer and Madison has quite a few fine stores and consider yourself lucky at least in that regard.To answer your second question if Binnys does have a get together it will be post in the Bourbon Social section of the site and will offer you plenty of lead time,looking forward to seeing you there and at other future events.
    "To deny our own impulses is to deny the very thing that makes us human."
    Larry Wachowski

Connoisseur

Welcome to 'the board' from a neighbor (in Michigan, that's close enough, right?).
    Have Fun! I look forward to your posts.

Enthusiast

"Tony welcome to the site from another pillager of the cheap prices that Wisconsin has to offer. . ."

Do we have cheap prices? It's hard to tell. I see posts coming from others, usually south of the Mason Dixon line, referencing prices on bottles that tend to be at least a few bucks less than what I see on comparables around here. Then again, I've can't recall ever searching for bourbon in Illinois or our neighbor to the east (thanks for the welcome, Richnimrod), so perhaps for the Midwest we've got a good deal going. Maybe there's such a drinking culture in Wisconsin that's one area where we have lower taxes, relatively speaking.

Then again, I see posts from folks in Australia or Europe, even Canada, and realize how good we have it, pricewise and selection-wise.

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Santana View Post
    "Tony welcome to the site from another pillager of the cheap prices that Wisconsin has to offer. . ."

Do we have cheap prices? It's hard to tell. I see posts coming from others, usually south of the Mason Dixon line, referencing prices on bottles that tend to be at least a few bucks less than what I see on comparables around here. Then again, I've can't recall ever searching for bourbon in Illinois or our neighbor to the east (thanks for the welcome, Richnimrod), so perhaps for the Midwest we've got a good deal going. Maybe there's such a drinking culture in Wisconsin that's one area where we have lower taxes, relatively speaking.

Then again, I see posts from folks in Australia or Europe, even Canada, and realize how good we have it, pricewise and selection-wise.
    Milwaukee's a bit cheaper than Madison, but the state as a whole is generally cheaper than every state that touches our borders.