Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Advanced Taster

Re: New Bruichladdich Expressions coming

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Manthey View Post
    That's never stopped me before!
    Get me one too...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Advanced Taster

I had a chance to taste the PC10 at a local store selling it for $60 a bottle and it was very tasty at that price. In fact I'll probably buy a couple more just to have on hand. Not sure I'd be as interested if the price was north of $100 like a lot of the PC releases I've seen.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by WhiskyRI View Post
    I had a chance to taste the PC10 at a local store selling it for $60 a bottle and it was very tasty at that price. In fact I'll probably buy a couple more just to have on hand. Not sure I'd be as interested if the price was north of $100 like a lot of the PC releases I've seen.
    Was this the Port Charlotte 10 year or the PC10 "Tro Na Linntean" at 59.8%? If it's really the PC10 then it must be a pricing mistake, as that is below wholesale. Actually the first time I tried to buy the PC10, it was priced in the $60 range, and thinking I was getting a great deal, bought two. When they showed up, I ended up with two bottles of the Port Charlotte 10 year. They made it right, but it's very confusing for them to do that.

Novice

Quote Originally Posted by portwood View Post
    No definitive news on that: internet/twitter rumors (heard from insiders) suggested the 10 is being discontinued, distillery reps on twitter reported it to be false. Time will tell ...
    Anecdotally, the new expressions have hit the shelves (PC Scottish Barley, etc.) here in Connecticut, but the 10 is disappearing fast and/or already gone from most stores. Really does seem like it's being discontinued.

Novice

My friend works for Winebow, who, until recently, was the sole US importer of Bruichladdich. Believe me, it was great to sample some of the rarer offerings that he had stashed away in the cupboard. Anyway, as of the end of 2013, that deal is off. His understanding is that the consumer will see fewer "special" offerings, as the new owners plan to concentrate heavily on the lucrative "duty-free" market. This means, IMHO, that the consumer will ultimately suffer. It is a shame, as Bruichladdich certainly innovated heavily in the niche Islay market.

FWIW.

cb
    I really wonder what gives us the right to wreck this poor planet of ours.

Kurt Vonnegut

Advanced Taster

A local store just put out their new ad featuring the Laddie 10 on sale for $49.95. It does say in the ad "Word on the island is that stocks of the Laddie will be difficult to come by over the next year or so, so snap up a bottle soon!"

I take that to mean that supply is currently running low, but it's not necessarily discontinued?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Jackinbox View Post
    A local store just put out their new ad featuring the Laddie 10 on sale for $49.95. It does say in the ad "Word on the island is that stocks of the Laddie will be difficult to come by over the next year or so, so snap up a bottle soon!"

I take that to mean that supply is currently running low, but it's not necessarily discontinued?
    All reports seem to be that the Laddie 10 is joining the dodo and they are just selling off remaining stock. Maybe the distributor (or even new owner Remy) is trying to push it out the door so that it doesn't continue to make the current NAS stuff look bad...
    That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
    Ne Illegitimi Carborundum

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Jackinbox View Post
    A local store just put out their new ad featuring the Laddie 10 on sale for $49.95.
    That is a really wicked price for an excellent malt...

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    That is a really wicked price for an excellent malt...
    It is a good price and I put away a couple because of it. One is already near gone though and not sure it is worth chasing after.
    That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
    Ne Illegitimi Carborundum