Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
    Connoisseur

they messed with my dickel

I have always said, when they change a label, the whiskey changes too. I love dickel black label. I bought a handle of the new label a couple weeks back, I thought it was lacking in richness. I was on a trip up north last weekend and stopped in a small store. They had the older label, bottled in 08. It had that good dickel taste. Got home, tried them side by side, had several others do it too, something is amiss in the new stuff. If I guessed, they upped barrel proof to help with demand. The color is a liitle off. It is not younger, as I like young dickel, cascade was the best they had. I have samples all the way back to the 60's. I tasted them. This is the biggest change I noted. I better go back and clean that store out, I love me some dickel. Anybody else noticed a change?

Guru

Re: they messed with my dickel

Not yet Tom, describe the new label please.
    We're Bourbon Geeks, it's who we are, it's what we do.

I just got a new label Dickel 12 and didn't notice any differences. Same old Dickel goodness as always

Advanced Taster

This is upsetting. I ordered a bottle of the 12 recently. When I got it, I thought it looked odd. It seemed bolder, like the blacks were darker and more contrasting and the font was sharper. I couldn't tell if it was my imagination but I felt something was amiss. Haven't opened it yet, but hopefully they didn't mess with the 12.

Guru

Well, on the TTB website there are some label approvals from 2010 that show Dickel 12 as "imported" and "Canadian whisky" and " bottled in Canada".

Let the conspiracy theories run rampant.
    John B

"Drinking when we are not thirsty and making love at all seasons… that is all there is to distinguish us from other animals."

Taster

I wonder if it would make that big of a difference as to where the whiskey is bottled. My bottle says bottled by George Dickel & Co. Norwalk, Conn. I would think it would be very expensive to send it that far just to be bottled. Maybe that's just their corporate HQ? Does anyone know where they bottle Dickel?

They don't have a bottling line in Tennessee. Its currently bottled in Connecticut and Canada. All of the 375's I've gotten in the past couple years have been bottled in Canada

Taster

Quote Originally Posted by VAGentleman View Post
    They don't have a bottling line in Tennessee. Its currently bottled in Connecticut and Canada. All of the 375's I've gotten in the past couple years have been bottled in Canada
    Thanks for the info!

Connoisseur

I clicked out of curiosity because I saw the title, only to find out this was a thread about bourbon, ha!
    Last edited by LostBottle; 09-24-2013 at 18:58.