Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 119 of 245 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129169219 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 2447
    Connoisseur

Re: What bourbon are you drinking - Fall 2013

Had a pour of HW American Prairie last night at a bar. First time I ha tried it. I've been interested in trying mainly for the supposed 4R component of the blend, but have never felt comfortable with the 40 dollar tag at the retailers. Overall, I'm glad I was conservative with this one. Not bad by any means, but not worth the 40 bucks either. I felt it was mainly the young LDI stuff with a dusting of the older supposed 4R mixed in. It was a very bourbon with a thin feel. I didn't get much rye flavor through the middle and I felt it was a little green on the initial sip. None the less, still enjoyable for the pour price, but I won't be bringing a bottle home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enthusiast

Some of my 4R GS OBSO, first neat then with a touch of water. The water brought out more of the fruit but the fruit is there neat as well. This is good but unique in a way that will make it an occasional pour vs. regular rotation. WTRB falls into this category for me as well, I don't reach for it all the time but when that is what I want, nothing else delivers quite like it. The OBSO and I are still getting acquainted though and the jury is out. The fruit reads to me as raspberries, cherries and plums and its almost too tannic fruity, again that's why it won't be a regular pour. I do like that it is different and there is certainly a complexity that is plays out in each sip.

Guru

Tonight is bacon cheeseburgers on the grill and a very healthy pour/pours of 4RYL neat.

Got home from work today and had some older JW Dant BIB. Last night was a different story.

Our bowling team got together for our monthly meet, eat and greet. We had some good food, and some great libations also. One of our guys has been home brewing beer. He brought some with him last night. I'm not much of a beer guy, but I have to admit that what he brought was quite tasty. Oh, I almost forgot, we also sipped on a few bourbons too. We tasted Weller 12, 1985 ND OGD 86 proof, HH 6 yr old BIB, and some GBS ETL. Not a bad night at all.

Speaking of the GBS…….. It's been common knowledge that goats have been very scared/scarce of late. It's also been common knowledge that the GBS is looking for a new mascot to replace their goat, that goodness knows what happened to. I have received word from reliable sources that some "higher up" GBS members have been working in conjunction with genetic engineers/scientists to come up with a new GBS mascot. Those same sources saw fit to send me a picture of what is believed to be the new GBS mascot. I almost couldn't believe my eyes. A genetically engineered giant GERBIL! Pack up the kids and head for the hills!

GBSpic.jpg
    " I never met a Weller I didn't like"

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by TunnelTiger View Post
    Tonight is bacon cheeseburgers on the grill and a very healthy pour/pours of 4RYL neat.
    That sounds really good!!!!!

Connoisseur

A little sample of Michters 25 year rye. My experience with high aged ryes is very limited but this is breathtaking stuff

Enthusiast

Just cracked open a bottle of PHC Promise of Hope.
    Mighty fine pour. Great cause too.

Enthusiast

Having a nice pour of FRSmB LE 2012.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bingstein View Post
    A little sample of Michters 25 year rye. My experience with high aged ryes is very limited but this is breathtaking stuff
    Breathtaking price too... Sounds like its good stuff!
    ¡Geaux Tigers! - ¡Visca el Barça!

"Really though, my hands are sore. The tool was doing it's thing with a flex hose." -Barrel_Proof

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by ChainWhip View Post
    Breathtaking price too... Sounds like its good stuff!
    I could never afford it. But I do love how great people are at sharing samples. I'm beginning to think it's the way to go rather than stockpiling stuff I've heard good things about but never had