Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 127 of 245 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137177227 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 2447
    Guru

Re: What bourbon are you drinking - Fall 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Flyfish View Post
    I find the Booker's much richer and more satisfying on the palate and with a better nose and finish. Barrel location must have something to do with it because the Booker's seems more mature even if 2 years younger than KC. (Not that I object to either KC or KC SB.) Booker's costs $10 more in OH than KY so I bought 2 bottles on a recent visit to Liquor Barn. I find it too intense for an everyday pour but am always pleased to have an occasional pour. I take it neat and then with just a drop of water. And I mean a "drop." I dip my finger in spring water and then tap it on the edge of the Glencair. It only takes that drop to open up the bourbon for even more layers of enjoyment.

I keep plenty of KCSB on hand, since the half price deal I found....but I never have Booker's here, I just treat myself to it at nice restaurants. But, I was pretty good this year and asked the fat guy for a bottle of it for christmas. We'll see if he agrees.

Ive never done a side by side with the two, but memory tells me the KCSB has a thicker, deeper, more woody profile than the Bookers

Connoisseur

Had the last pour of an 09 THH last night and it was sort of gross. I understand that there may be some barrel char at the bottom of the bottle, but it also seemed a bit cloudy and darker (likely due to the barrel sediment). I drank it because I'm not a poon, but I've never had a similar experience with GTS or WLW. Am I alone here?

Disciple

Some 4RYL in me coffee. Great way to start the day.

Apprentice

Opened up my first bottle of EC12 and really, really enjoyed it. I would say even more so than ETL that I recently tried for the first time as well. The 94 Proof came across as much lighter to me. Very easy drinker.

Quote Originally Posted by Special Reserve View Post
    To celebrate Saturday morning, a little ER101 Frankfort.
    Quote Originally Posted by squire View Post
    I'm with 'ya Will, well a thousand miles away but you know what I mean.
    I had a pour of 07 WLW with my after breakfast cup of Millstone Chocolate Velvet coffee this morning. Nice way to start the day.

Cheers guys!
    " I never met a Weller I didn't like"

Disciple

Emptied the 4RYL in a couple cups of coffee and now working on an open bottle of 4RSmb waiting on some football.

Guru

Really enjoying the bottle of Larceny I picked up this week. Nice sipper while raking leaves on a sunny autumn day.
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bingstein View Post
    Had the last pour of an 09 THH last night and it was sort of gross. I understand that there may be some barrel char at the bottom of the bottle, but it also seemed a bit cloudy and darker (likely due to the barrel sediment). I drank it because I'm not a poon, but I've never had a similar experience with GTS or WLW. Am I alone here?
    I'll admit it. When at the tail end of my THH . . . I filtered. I know, I know - the char is part of the experience, but it is so concentrated at the last 2 oz . . . I couldn't take it. I haven't had the same with WLW, although my first GTS was similar (but not to the same extent as my THH to be honest, which is odd given the age).
    Gary
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    "Too much of anything is bad, but too much of good whiskey is barely enough." - Mark Twain
    "Because Whiskey Matters!" - David Perkins

Disciple

Spent most of the day doing yard work and juggling pours of WT8 and Old Forester BIB to keep me motivated,must of worked because the yard looks great!
    "To deny our own impulses is to deny the very thing that makes us human."
    Larry Wachowski

Running through my usual in house dusties and a new friend brought me an amazing bottle along with a sample so I could try it