Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 130 of 245 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140180230 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 2447
    Bourbonian of the Year 2011

Re: What bourbon are you drinking - Fall 2013

Great tasting notes, thanks! Sounds amazing. (I wish distillers today looking for a new angle would focus on recreating such historical tastes - i.e., within the 4 corners of the traditional bourbon definition - rather than resorting to sherry cask finishes, honey or maple additions or whatever).

Thanks gents for those earlier discussions on the Graham distillery in Rockford, I must have missed, or forgotten, that.

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Gillman View Post
    Great tasting notes, thanks! Sounds amazing. (I wish distillers today looking for a new angle would focus on recreating such historical tastes - i.e., within the 4 corners of the traditional bourbon definition - rather than resorting to sherry cask finishes, honey or maple additions or whatever).

Thanks gents for those earlier discussions on the Graham distillery in Rockford, I must have missed, or forgotten, that.

Gary
    Oddly enough that is what Tom from Finger Lakes distilling focuses on, he produces his white dog with a really low still proof and also does not use filters in his column. It smells like corn and is amazingly oily when it comes off the still in a few years it should be fantastic stuff.

I think the bottle of Old Ren is going to make a trip with me to gazebo table during the sampler it is definitely something that needs to be tried by more than a few. I have a terrible time with flavor memories but this one still has my taste buds buzzing and I can almost taste it when I think about it.

Guru

I'm down for trying that come April!

Guru

Since finding out about the demise of AAA10yr, I dug out the handle from the deep recesses of my bunker - it's not as densely packed with flavor as some other bourbons I have opened but it's an easy sipper. As stated by others here, it's a great value and it is sad that it's going away.
    ¡Geaux Tigers! - ¡Visca el Barça!

"Really though, my hands are sore. The tool was doing it's thing with a flex hose." -Barrel_Proof

Guru

Sad, yes, but I'm a bit surprised it lasted this long. I think we're moving to a new era where the older age stated stuff will be cycled into higher priced brands. I just hope they increase the proof as well.
    We're Bourbon Geeks, it's who we are, it's what we do.

Bourbonian of the Year 2011

Quote Originally Posted by michaelturtle1 View Post
    Oddly enough that is what Tom from Finger Lakes distilling focuses on, he produces his white dog with a really low still proof and also does not use filters in his column. It smells like corn and is amazingly oily when it comes off the still in a few years it should be fantastic stuff.

I think the bottle of Old Ren is going to make a trip with me to gazebo table during the sampler it is definitely something that needs to be tried by more than a few. I have a terrible time with flavor memories but this one still has my taste buds buzzing and I can almost taste it when I think about it.
    A generosity that would be greatly appreciated and (one is proud to say) characterizes SB gatherings not infrequently, such is the devotion and selflessness of the crowd around here.

And your taste notes are accomplished: no need for qualifiers.

Gary

Virtuoso

2013 Lot B, W12, SB blend-the Solara version. Lot B has gotten better with air, but the current version is not head and shoulders above either of the other listed pours. I want it to be but it's just not.
    They say some of my stars drink whiskey, but I have found that ones who drink milkshakes don't win many ball games-Casey Stengel

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by michaelturtle1 View Post

Mighty fine gesture right there and we look forward to seeing you in April,which is a damned long ways off.
    "To deny our own impulses is to deny the very thing that makes us human."
    Larry Wachowski

Connoisseur

I finally got around to trying the Evan Williams BIB, and I like it. It sort of has the mild buttered popcorn taste I remember from some older bottles of EW 1783. All the tastes I associate with the HH bonds are there in a very balanced way. I need to do more tasting to give more detailed notes. I think Squire needs to try this, if he hasn't yet.

Virtuoso

EWSB vintage '13...ending a great weekend with a great everyday drinking bourbon.