Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 245 of 245 FirstFirst ... 145195235243244245
Results 2,441 to 2,447 of 2447
    Taster

Re: What bourbon are you drinking - Fall 2013

Sipping WT Forgiven. The less water added, the more it keeps it's complexity. Took me a few glasses to figure that out.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Cigar Dan View Post
    The downside to my bourbon obsession is my inevitable realization that I have far better bourbons at home. It is a very rare bar that proves otherwise.
    i agree. Most places, I just get a coke or tea, because the selection offers nothing that I would enjoy more than coke/tea. I couldnt believe the hideous selections in every TN place we went last week. Everyone had Jack and Jim. You know, I never once even saw any Dickel while dining in TN, and that's where i'd expect it most. I make it a point not to order anything in a restaurant that I have at home, but Id have gladly ordered a D12 had it been available.

back on topic, I am once again having KCSB and Dickel 9/103. Truly enjoy the KCSB, but LOVE the Dickel 9.
    Last edited by 393foureyedfox; 12-21-2013 at 23:27.

Connoisseur

My son, Gary finally arrived 'home' for the Holidays, and we celebrated by cracking open my last Thos. H. Handy Sazerac St. Rye BP (from 2010, I think). After it had a bit of air it really shone; a fine pour worthy of the occasion. Great whiskey, Family and the 'reason for the season'. Can't beat it!

Guru

To add on to my old man's post, we moved from the THH to some JPS18, and then VSOF (with a couple sips of random things in between). I know, we should have done those in reverse order probably - but didn't (and didn't mind one bit!) Discovered that JPS18 pairs wonderfully with venison too!
    Gary
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    "Too much of anything is bad, but too much of good whiskey is barely enough." - Mark Twain
    "Because Whiskey Matters!" - David Perkins

Enthusiast

Had a couple folks over for a tasting yesterday. One brought a Cody Road rye and we started out with that - never had it before, wasn't expecting much, but it wasn't bad. Then a Bourye to transition from the rye to bourbon, on to a CEHT small batch. Makers 46 to transition to wheaters, every time I have this stuff I like it more, definitely a step up from the regular MM. Started going older from there - Lot B, then finished up with PVW15. A success.

Advanced Taster

Started last night with Brimstone, Bowman Millennium, AE rye, Vintage Rye (only real disappointment), HHSS, and then for one special guest a pour of PW15.

Disciple

Last night was basically all JW Dant which the more I drink has a strange metallic feel. The first pours seemed more caramel and minty but now the mint is overpowering.

My first bottle since it is BOM but most likely my last.