Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 122 of 245 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132172222 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 2447
    Guru

Re: What bourbon are you drinking - Fall 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Old Dusty View Post
    The lineup: 2013 Lot B, 2012 Lot B, older SW Lot B, Recent W12, Everett's W12, Weller Centennial, Frankfort.

The results w 3 SBers tasting:
    1) SW Lot B
    2) Weller Centennial
    3) Everett's
    4) 2012 Lot B
    5) W12
    6) 2013 Lot B

caveat: not a blind tasting but done side by side by side. And 1 and 2 were a dead heat. The current Lot B was the clear loser of the bunch. Perhaps should be posted in the" Pappy Hunt is it worth it" thread.
    Thanks Dusty. That mirrors my experience with those pours, but I would also add that the S-W Lot B is not only "better" but it tastes like a completely different bourbon. Was that your take as well?
    Insert TheNovaMan's signature here (___________)

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by smknjoe View Post
    Thanks Dusty. That mirrors my experience with those pours, but I would also add that the S-W Lot B is not only "better" but it tastes like a completely different bourbon. Was that your take as well?
    We tried to date the old Lot B but couldn't find the laser code on the bottle. But yes, nose, taste, mouthfeel, were all in a different realm than all but the WC. Honestly after multiple small pours it was hard to call a winner between the WC and old Lot B. Would drink either all day any day. Biggest disappointment ( mainly because it was mine) was the 2013 Lot B. Stoked to get one and poured alone probably would have liked-not loved-it. But comparatively it blew chunks.
    They say some of my stars drink whiskey, but I have found that ones who drink milkshakes don't win many ball games-Casey Stengel

Advanced Taster

Poker night, had some Macallan 12 year, then our host generously opened a bottle of Parkers Heritage 27 year. Never had it before, very nice, surprised it didn't taste woody to me given its age.

Guru

A little WLW 134.8 with my coffee while I wait for an appliance delivery.

Happy morning everyone!

Will

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fishnbowljoe View Post
    Got home from work today and had some older JW Dant BIB. Last night was a different story.

Our bowling team got together for our monthly meet, eat and greet. We had some good food, and some great libations also. One of our guys has been home brewing beer. He brought some with him last night. I'm not much of a beer guy, but I have to admit that what he brought was quite tasty. Oh, I almost forgot, we also sipped on a few bourbons too. We tasted Weller 12, 1985 ND OGD 86 proof, HH 6 yr old BIB, and some GBS ETL. Not a bad night at all.

Speaking of the GBS…….. It's been common knowledge that goats have been very scared/scarce of late. It's also been common knowledge that the GBS is looking for a new mascot to replace their goat, that goodness knows what happened to. I have received word from reliable sources that some "higher up" GBS members have been working in conjunction with genetic engineers/scientists to come up with a new GBS mascot. Those same sources saw fit to send me a picture of what is believed to be the new GBS mascot. I almost couldn't believe my eyes. A genetically engineered giant GERBIL! Pack up the kids and head for the hills!

Attachment 16837

Nice work, Sergeant! I knew GBS could use a man like you!!

By the way, since you posted this, Richard Gere has called 17 times asking for fast-tracked membership!

JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

"Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe View Post

By the way, since you posted this, Richard Gere has called 17 times asking for fast-tracked membership!

nice!

youve gotta be well over 30 to get that one....

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by fishnbowljoe View Post
    Got home from work today and had some older JW Dant BIB. Last night was a different story.

Our bowling team got together for our monthly meet, eat and greet. We had some good food, and some great libations also. One of our guys has been home brewing beer. He brought some with him last night. I'm not much of a beer guy, but I have to admit that what he brought was quite tasty. Oh, I almost forgot, we also sipped on a few bourbons too. We tasted Weller 12, 1985 ND OGD 86 proof, HH 6 yr old BIB, and some GBS ETL. Not a bad night at all.

Speaking of the GBS…….. It's been common knowledge that goats have been very scared/scarce of late. It's also been common knowledge that the GBS is looking for a new mascot to replace their goat, that goodness knows what happened to. I have received word from reliable sources that some "higher up" GBS members have been working in conjunction with genetic engineers/scientists to come up with a new GBS mascot. Those same sources saw fit to send me a picture of what is believed to be the new GBS mascot. I almost couldn't believe my eyes. A genetically engineered giant GERBIL! Pack up the kids and head for the hills!

Attachment 16837
    For what it's worth, I vetoed the "giant " size
    Last edited by troyce; 11-08-2013 at 12:53.
    "Abstainer: A weak person who yields to the temptation of denying himself a pleasure."
    Ambrose Bierce

Connoisseur

A flight of Beams: Kirkand's, Baker's, KC SB, and Booker's. If I had my wits about me, I would have left the KC out of the mix because it is 9YO and the others are 7YO. Makes a better comparison of same age bourbons from same distiller at different proofs. Was especially pleased by the Baker's. There is only about one solid pour left in the bottle and it is getting really good just about when it is gone. (That's the way it always seems to go.) Still, the Booker's remains the star of the evening. The others are well within the acceptable range.
    If God made anything better than bourbon he must have kept it for Hisself.

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Flyfish View Post
    A flight of Beams: Kirkand's, Baker's, KC SB, and Booker's. If I had my wits about me, I would have left the KC out of the mix because it is 9YO and the others are 7YO. Makes a better comparison of same age bourbons from same distiller at different proofs. Was especially pleased by the Baker's. There is only about one solid pour left in the bottle and it is getting really good just about when it is gone. (That's the way it always seems to go.) Still, the Booker's remains the star of the evening. The others are well within the acceptable range.
    I really like the Baker's too, but your post is reminding me of something that's been gnawing at me for some time....I gotta get me a Booker's. I admit, I wouldn't even notice it if I walked into a store that only carried Booker's. And, damned if I know why. Gonna git me one tomorrow.
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

"Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

Connoisseur

Everything. This week sucked. I'm drinking everything. .
    I may be drunk, but in the morning, I'll be sober and you'll still be ugly...WC