Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 129 of 245 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139179229 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 2447
    Enthusiast

Re: What bourbon are you drinking - Fall 2013

Eagle Rare, way younger than the appropriately named "old Ren"

Bourbonian of the Year 2011

Rockford, home of one of SBs notable Joes! How interesting. I can't recall hearing of the Graham Distillery before, F&B Joe, any idea where in town it is, or was? (Ditto for the Indiana bottler for that matter).

Can we have a taste note? It's evaporating from the bottle, don't let it tarry. Does it it taste similar to any current bourbon you know or is it different?

Gray

There are 2 posts regarding the Distillery and trying to locate it on here. The gentleman I received the bottle from had a little back story from the whiskey guy at Bonhams. It was bottled for a magician who gave the bottles away as "thank you" gifts. There is scarcely any information about the distillery but the Squibb plant where it was bottled has a ton of google hits.

As for tasting notes I am terrible with descriptives but it has a giant nose, take the typical dusty bourbon ester nose and amplify it 10 times, the palate is just as large with a huge rye punch to me it is seemingly more rye like than bourbon like. The first thought I had was it reminded me of Rittenhouse rye in that it was a very rye like bourbon or a very bourbon like rye. The finish is intense as it is a very oily pour and it stays with you for a long time. I could taste it on my palate for at least 15 minutes after my last taste. It actually shocked me at how good this pour is!!

Enthusiast

A little ETL in my coffee. First time trying this. Time for a nap.

Quote Originally Posted by Gillman View Post
    Rockford, home of one of SBs notable Joes! How interesting. I can't recall hearing of the Graham Distillery before, F&B Joe, any idea where in town it is, or was? (Ditto for the Indiana bottler for that matter).

Can we have a taste note? It's evaporating from the bottle, don't let it tarry. Does it it taste similar to any current bourbon you know or is it different?

Gray
    There was a thread on this a while back. Here you go. http://www.straightbourbon.com/forum...ord+distillery

Cheers!
    " I never met a Weller I didn't like"

Virtuoso

Heaven Hill Black Label NAS - I don't drink bourbon on the rocks often, but this one seems to benefit from it.
    Mark

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by michaelturtle1 View Post
    There are 2 posts regarding the Distillery and trying to locate it on here. The gentleman I received the bottle from had a little back story from the whiskey guy at Bonhams. It was bottled for a magician who gave the bottles away as "thank you" gifts. There is scarcely any information about the distillery but the Squibb plant where it was bottled has a ton of google hits.

As for tasting notes I am terrible with descriptives but it has a giant nose, take the typical dusty bourbon ester nose and amplify it 10 times, the palate is just as large with a huge rye punch to me it is seemingly more rye like than bourbon like. The first thought I had was it reminded me of Rittenhouse rye in that it was a very rye like bourbon or a very bourbon like rye. The finish is intense as it is a very oily pour and it stays with you for a long time. I could taste it on my palate for at least 15 minutes after my last taste. It actually shocked me at how good this pour is!!
    In case Mike didn't provide detailed enough notes here, check out the blow-by-blow replay here:

http://www.cooperedtot.com/2013/11/a...er-driven.html
    ¡Geaux Tigers! - ¡Visca el Barça!

"Really though, my hands are sore. The tool was doing it's thing with a flex hose." -Barrel_Proof

Disciple

4R Yellow
    Weller 12
    Ritt BiB

All been quite tasty lately.
    ~Robert BTOTY #2 2009

GBS Member - 2011 Indoctrination

Virtuoso

Started the day heading to my local store where one of the employees offered to share this years WLW, which was pretty darn good. Then another of their bourbon guys came in with this years Stagg and some Whistle Pig. Gotta say that I preferred the Stagg over the Weller which is usually not the case for me.

Now I am back home and have moved onto some FRSmB 2013 which is better then the other 3 in my opinion.

Good Day.

Best regards, Tony

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

Jackie's OESV barrel proof selection that I picked up yesterday. Just gorgeous. The cherry and chocolate notes in it are wonderfully delicious.
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

"Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama