Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 28 of 245 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128 ... LastLast
    Enthusiast

Re: What bourbon are you drinking - Fall 2013

Private selection Buffalo Trace SBS with the regular. Regular BT is good...the private selection is REALLY good

Enthusiast

Well, it's my birthday so going with a few favorites. Started with a little 2008 Mariage, then a small pour of 2011 GTS, and finishing with some good ol Lot B. Eyed the PVW 20 for a minute, but couldn't bring myself to crack it open. Not a milestone birthday after all and it's the only one I have. Lol.

Connoisseur

Last night was the Boston Whisky Live event. Met some friends there and we got to tastin'... there were approximately 50 bottlers/distillers/makers represented. I probably tasted 70 different whiskies, mostly in small sips.

Highlights included the Angel's Envy Rye (now I need a bottle), the Balcones Brimstone (love that unique smoke! now I need a bottle), ECBP (none available around here.. love it and need a bottle or two), EC21 (I'll probably not actually buy a bottle), PHC 7th (want at least two bottles), and local distillery Berkshire Mountain Distillers bourbon finished in Sam Adams "Utopia" beer casks, a Massachusetts only release (I'll pick up one or two of these).

In foreign whiskeys, after tasting my way around the room, I'm hoping to over time to pick up Aberlour 18, Amrut Fusion, Glenfarclas 21 and 25, Powers John's Lane and some Julio's store picks of cognac and scotch.

I made sure to keep myself fed and extra-hydrated through the event, but I was still paying the price this morning at work...
    Last edited by Kalessin; 10-03-2013 at 20:24.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by BMartin42 View Post
    Well, it's my birthday so going with a few favorites. Started with a little 2008 Mariage, then a small pour of 2011 GTS, and finishing with some good ol Lot B. Eyed the PVW 20 for a minute, but couldn't bring myself to crack it open. Not a milestone birthday after all and it's the only one I have. Lol.
    Every birthday is worth celebrating... and the 2008 Mariage sounds like a great way to make it special! I haven't had the 2008, and don't know anyone who's got it in their stash...but I do have 2009 Mariage in the bunker, and may crack one open for my upcoming birthday in November...

Guru

A bit of the Hooker House bourbon tonight followed by a local single barrel of Old Forester 90 proof.

The HH is nicely rounded by the pinot noir with some obvious fruit notes and a little bit of sweetness. Turns what is probably a basic sourced bourbon into something quite pleasant and sippable.
    That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
    Ne Illegitimi Carborundum

Connoisseur

I just had a small pour of Burnside Bourbon from a craft distillery in Portland, OR. It was actually quite tasty and very smooth for being a 4 year old bourbon. I also liked the fact that they bottle it at 96 proof to give it a little more oomph. For under $30 this is a great craft bourbon as so many of it's peers tend to be quite a bit more expensive for an often younger product.

http://www.eastsidedistilling.com/ou...urbon-whiskey/

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Old Dusty View Post
    FR 1B LE 2013, SB Blend, Larceny and Hirsch22 Rye. I know crazy order and the last one's not a bourbon. So sue me.
    Looks like you have it under control - carry on. :-)
    ¡Geaux Tigers! - ¡Visca el Barça!

"Really though, my hands are sore. The tool was doing it's thing with a flex hose." -Barrel_Proof

Apprentice

Shared 3-4 pours of William LaRue Weller 2012 and a few Balcones Single Malt last night at the Cigar Inn. Nice BYO spot in the NYC for cigars.

Guru

I mixed me up some Old Rip Van Winkle 10/107 and WL Weller 12yo.
    About 50/50, sipping it neat.
    ovh

Virtuoso

Heading out of town for VA Tech's homecoming game. Probably won't be posting a lot this weekend but here's what I've got packed up for the trip. Bottles of Old Scout 8 year, Willett 9 year, PHC 6th, 25 year Armagnac. And some 2 and 4 oz. sample bottles of Ritt 25, ORVW 10/107, Beam 175 month, 48 year old single grain scotch, and a Four Roses blend I threw together from some open bottles - 120th Anniversary, 2013 Single Barrel LE, and 12 Year OESO from the gift shop.