Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 84 of 245 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134184 ... LastLast
    Guru

Re: What bourbon are you drinking - Fall 2013

Quote Originally Posted by NWBourbonDrinker View Post
    Cracked open a bottle of WFE 8 Year I picked up in CA. It was very good but I could taste just a hint of juniper which gave it a very slight young flavor. Not a detriment in any way but the first time I can recall this in a WFE and I have a 6 Year I am fond of. Also have a shipment of 11 year showing up today which will make it into tasting tonight!

i know they only release it occasionally, but i havent seen ANY WFE, other than the rye, anywhere in louisville. anyone have any tips? i tried the 8 year at the distillery tour and loved it!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by hn4bourbon View Post
    Had a couple pours of FRSmBLE2013 last night. I enjoyed it but didn't enjoy it as much as prior pours. It tasted bitter. It could be my taste buds being off last night.
    I gave someone a sample of the 2012 and they were not impressed with it. Some people just don't care for 4R...and that's okay. (Deep Thought's - by Jack Handey)
    I've never tried GTS with any sort of soda. Maybe I'm missing out; but I'm OK with that.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by smknjoe View Post
    I gave someone a sample of the 2012 and they were not impressed with it. Some people just don't care for 4R...and that's okay. (Deep Thought's - by Jack Handey)

i fall in that minority. its a lonely group......

Enthusiast

JBW, as of now. Neat, while surfing on the web.
    Regards,

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by hn4bourbon View Post
    Had a couple pours of FRSmBLE2013 last night. I enjoyed it but didn't enjoy it as much as prior pours. It tasted bitter. It could be my taste buds being off last night.
    I find it interesting that some of us blame the bourbon for being off and some blame our own palate. I join lonesome old foureyedfox in an inability to appreciate 4R. I keep telling myself that maybe I just need to step up to the LE expressions that so many SBers rave about. Then the devil on my other shoulder suggests that, for the price, I'd probably rather have four bottles of...well four bottles of lots of bourbons.
    If God made anything better than bourbon he must have kept it for Hisself.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Flyfish View Post
    I find it interesting that some of us blame the bourbon for being off and some blame our own palate. I join lonesome old foureyedfox in an inability to appreciate 4R. I keep telling myself that maybe I just need to step up to the LE expressions that so many SBers rave about. Then the devil on my other shoulder suggests that, for the price, I'd probably rather have four bottles of...well four bottles of lots of bourbons.
    You should at least taste one of the barrel proofers if you get the chance. You may still not like it, but they are different from the standard offerings.
    I've never tried GTS with any sort of soda. Maybe I'm missing out; but I'm OK with that.

Guru

...I think I'll have some Four Roses.

Virtuoso

An old fashioned with some OWA 107

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    1. If something bad happens, drink in an attempt to forget.
    2. If something good happens, drink in order to celebrate.
    3. And if nothing happens, drink, to make something happen.
    Charles Bukowski

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Flyfish View Post
    I join lonesome old foureyedfox in an inability to appreciate 4R. I keep telling myself that maybe I just need to step up to the LE expressions that so many SBers rave about. Then the devil on my other shoulder suggests that, for the price, I'd probably rather have four bottles of...well four bottles of lots of bourbons.

exactly what happens to me. though, ive never had the limited edition. after my whole debacle with the ECBP I dreamed of obtaining for the better part of a year, only to find it and despise it ( to put it lightly ), I am not going to chase down a limited edition 4R, and pay that price, knowing my feelings of the regular 4RSiB.

Quote Originally Posted by smknjoe View Post
    You should at least taste one of the barrel proofers if you get the chance. You may still not like it, but they are different from the standard offerings.
    I have had one of the barrel proofers before, and i did actually like it. but, again, it crosses my price boundary of $50. you gotta draw the line somewhere. Some of you guys seem to have no price boundary, but I do.

Guru

But yet you're willing to cross that line for a WFE, which will likely be nothing like the one you fell in love with.